Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals.
Based in London, the firm services an international community of clients and provides advice in situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The work it undertakes is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than 80% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway, and has converted to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm’s in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its active and innovative social impact strategy are reflected in its Investors in People Platinum standard.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic Apprentice to be part of this exciting team for an 15-month programme. The Apprentice will gain valuable hands-on experience, with the opportunity to experience time across all areas of the department, thus generating a real in-depth understanding of how a successful Technology function operates within a leading London Law Firm.
- Provide first line support, log service desk calls from the end-users
- Log all actions taken and resolutions
- Provide administrative support to the Technology Department
- Where necessary escalate the call, in a timely manner, to a Training & Application or Technical Support Analyst as appropriate
- Take ownership of issues and be proactive when dealing with queries
- Keep the end-user and other members of the team informed of progress as appropriate.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products in particular Office 2016 (Word and Outlook) and Windows 10
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Pro-active and takes initiative.
5 A-C's including English and Maths.
Possibility of full time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.