Liberum is an employee owned Investment Bank with offices in London (Moorgate) and New York. With 160 staff in an open-plan office, we work in a collaborative and innovative way offering equities services in a competitive market.
Liberum seeks an IT Desktop Support Apprentice who will provide full support to the users of Liberum and group companies, whilst undertaking relevant professional qualifications. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and personable individual to join a small, close-knit team who will provide mentoring and on-the-job training. You will also get exposure to a variety of software and tasks within a fast paced and innovative environment.
- Provide local IT, telephony and printer support for users running Windows, MS Office, Market Data and other business applications
- Ensure that all problems are accurately logged within Helpdesk system, resolved promptly and efficiently or escalated where appropriate
- Perform IT desk moves and setup for all users within the organisation
- Preparation of IT equipment and services for new joiners, in line with procedures and to appropriate deadlines
- Document new and update existing IT procedures
- Physical, hands-on support for events, conferences and training, e.g moving tables and equipment as appropriate
- Assist with projects of all sizes including technology infrastructure and software projects.
- A passion for technology and the desire to work in IT
- Proven customer service experience
- An enthusiastic and positive outlook
- A professional manner with excellent communication skills
- Able to interact with all levels of seniority within the firm
- Ability to work under pressure and able to listen and interpret customer needs accurately
- Able to plan own time effectively; able to prioritise key tasks, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Detail oriented and logical
- Proven track record as effective team member
5 x GCSE (or equivalent) A*-C grades and must include English and Maths.
Working week: 40 Hours a week
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Full apprenticeship support will be provided and for the right candidate, on-going employment and further qualifications will be available.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.