Initiative (part of IPG Mediabrands) - Digital Marketing Apprentice
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Sales and Marketing
- Advertising & PR
- London remove
Initiative is a strategically led media agency offering clients unique and responsive media advice that is relevant to their business. We are owned by Interpublic Group (IPG) and sit within the media management group Mediabrands. Initiative is a global business with 90 offices, in 85 markets with over 2800 media specialists at our disposal. However, within the UK market we have a unique position: the scale and strength of a global network alongside the bravery and hunger of a challenger agency, making us faster and more adaptable than our competitors. Our core values Fearless, Brilliant, Dynamic, Seamless are at the heart of this attitude, driving not just the way we work and the people we employ but also the type of clients we enjoy working with. They tend to be faster to the market than most – results driven – and demanding of solutions that are rooted in analytics and insight.
About the role:
As a Planning Apprentice you will be responsible for the delivery of reports on campaign progress, analysis of competitive data, determining insights, and developing recommendations on which media channels to utilise across one of Initiative’s key clients, Amazon. You will have involvement in the media planning process whilst being overseen by the Planning Executives & Planning Managers.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
The core responsibilities are supporting the Planning Executives, the Planning Managers and the rest of your client team, day to day and demonstrating our core values of Fearless, Brilliant, Dynamic, Seamless. Support all team members by:
- Feeding into media planning and idea development
- Updating media plans
- Providing support for the team in administration, competitive reporting and billing
- Supporting the Planning Executives & Planning Managers in managing the agency response and resource across relevant client requests
- Cover off relevant account management administration
- Track and monitor competitive activities and develop strategic competitive analysis
- Prepare and help with client presentations
- Acquire knowledge of necessary internal and external research and planning tools (TGI, Comscore, Google Trends, Nielsen, DDS), and buildability to produce meaningful analysis
- Form strong working relationships with internal teams to ensure strong, timely work is produced for the client
- Champion relevant media owners opportunities across the team Feeding into specialist briefs and subsequent buying briefs
- Strong communication skills, highly organised with strong numerical ability
- Analytical skills to measure impact and identify trends
- Motivated, passionate about working in media planning
- Ability to learn quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Pro efficient in Excel, Powerpoint & Microsoft Word
- As an apprentice, you will be able to work autonomously, pick things up quickly, and be able to solve complex issues through finding creative solutions.
- You will be a highly dedicated and eager to learn, have excellent attention to detail as well as being imaginative with the ability to think on the spot.
- The candidate must be well organised with the ability to manage multiple tasks, exhibit dynamism, enthusiasm, charisma and a positive can-do attitude with strong desire to succeed.
- The ability to work as part of a team is crucial.
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast-paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future.
You will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us. Your manager will help you create a tailored career path and through our in-house experts, and online performance management and learning and development tool, you will have access to a wide range of internal and external courses. In addition to this, there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses, bite-size learning sessions and on the job training and development.
We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave
- In addition to your annual holiday entitlement, the office closes between Christmas & New Year
- Group Income Protection after 2 years
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions up to 6%
- Free breakfast
- Early finish Fridays
- Independent mortgage advice
- Free eye tests
- Regular Bar Night
- Retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme • Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including Private Medical Insurance, health screening, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Gym Flex, and many more!
42-46 St Johns Square, London, EC1M 4EAApplication closed