What you'll be doing
A bit about the grassroots scheme;
At innocent we want to become the best little place to build your career. So, we’ve created the innocent grassroots scheme, an opportunity to join us on our journey for the next 3 years and beyond. Grassroots is a rotational scheme starting in July 2020. You’ll spend 12 months in 3 key areas of the business to gain a broad understanding of how our various teams work together to make and sell our drinks.
As part of our grassroots scheme, you’ll be given real responsibility from day one and the opportunity to make your mark in each of your placements, helping you to develop at innocent.
By the end, you should have a really good idea of what makes innocent tick and be in a better position to decide which area of our business you’d like to explore next. We’re keen to grow our talent internally from the grassroots up.
What you’ll be doing
In your first year, you’ll find yourself working as a regional development executive (RDE) in our commercial team. You’ll be on the front line of our sales force, out and about (4 days a week, in the UK), selling smoothies and juices to coffee shops and small retailers. Your goal is to brighten their days by helping them fill their tills, getting our drinks into the hands of more drinkers and smashing your targets at the same time.
Then, once you’re all clued up on our products and customers, you’ll move into an office-based role. This is likely to be in our supply teams, planning and forecasting the production cycle to make sure we produce the right amount of drinks at the right time.
Before you know it, it will be 2022, your final year and you'll have some options. We’ll sit down and chat about your ambitions and dreams, to find your 3rd role. We can’t promise you the world, but we’ll always try to accommodate, maybe you would like to try a bit of project management, IT or marketing? We’re big in Europe now so if you fancy working in one of our regions, even that could be possible.
You can be sure that you’ll get 3 meaningful roles that will give you the chance to shine, develop your skills and make the best possible contribution to innocent (while having some fun along the way too).
- The smarts – that critical thinking to make good decisions when it counts, process lots of ideas and data (using excel + other tools) to arrive at simple and effective solutions
- an entrepreneurial approach - not waiting to be told, taking action, joining the dots and giving things a go. All while working through setbacks and staying positive when facing challenges
- a growth mindset – to take on feedback, look for opportunities to develop and seeking to understand the why
- commercial savvy - we need people who can negotiate in a tough but fair manner, who can keep focused on the main thing and nail whatever needs doing. Basically, we need those rare people who are socially aware and commercially astute in equal measure
- a top-notch communication style – a working proficiency in either French, German, Spanish or Italian would be a real bonus.
The softer stuff is important to us too – we love those people who foster a responsible and generous culture, by treating everyone with kindness.
We believe that a business can only ever be as good as the people that work in it. These are some things you can be sure to get:
- a permanent contract from day one – we believe in shaping our future workforce with our grassroots scheme and would love to have you around for as long as possible
- a buddy - our current grassroots will help you settle into life at Fruit Towers as well as share their own experiences of their first year at innocent
- support for your learning - through regular 121 catch ups with your manager, attending our specialist learning and development programmes and your own mentor, if you would like one
- a really engaging culture and environment, where you can work hard, be challenged, but have a laugh along the way and still get the job done
- money - grassroots will start on £26,000 and will qualify for an individual bonus plan each year. We will also offer an additional performance related bonus at the end of each placement.
You will help us to keep doing business the right way – keeping innocent one of the Sunday Times Best Places to Work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities in the UK and across Europe as well as a competitive rewards package. We also have some great clubs, a free breakfast and as many smoothies as you can shake a stick at. Take a look at our reward page for more details.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. You’ll need to get your skates on though, as applications close on Tuesday 31 December 2019 and the successful people will start mid July 2020.
We'll be holding an assessment day on Friday 14th February for shortlisted candidates.
Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don't have to. We're all about being healthy and happy here at innocent so we're open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it's good for you, then it's good for us.