At Qbase, we aim to make the world a better place using data. Yes, we know that sounds grandeur. But we genuinely mean it. That might be why around 50% of the work we do here is for charities.
But what does this actually mean? Well, we’re committed to being a centre of excellence for data services so we can help our clients make their businesses better using data. We do this by developing and deploying best practices and by nurturing the best talent. That’s where we hope you come in.
We are working hard to adopt a learning culture. We actively seek individuals who want to commit to improvement and self-development. We also like people who are curious, progressive and resourceful as those are the people who challenge how we do things and come up with new solutions. And that means we’re always improving and setting a new bar of best practice. Our mantra is never let a good idea get in the way with a better one.
Oh, and you should probably know we’re a friendly bunch here at Qbase. Our business revolves around relationships and we strive to make genuine connections with our clients as often we become an extension of their own teams.
And we do all this by remaining ethical at all times.
All this is why so many clients including HSBC, Age UK, Ford Retail, The Royal British Legion and HSS Hire choose to work with us on major data management initiatives.
Qbase has a new position for an Insight Developer/Data Analyst Apprentice. We are looking for a high calibre individual who wants to apply their passion for data and databases in the role of an Insight Developer/Data Analyst Apprentice in a high growth industry. If you are a confident communicator, love problem solving, enjoy analysing data and can work towards tight deadlines, this job is for you.
Reporting to the Business Insight Development Team Leader, your main role will be designing, building, and maintaining relational databases and providing technical end to end solutions to client issues. As part of this role, you will be using a wide variety of applications including Talend, SQL Server, SSIS, Apteco Faststats Suite and many more.
Full training will be provided in the following areas:
- Maintaining Relational Databases
- Data preparation and cleansing
- Introduction to integration software like Talend and SSIS
- Helping clients to manage their marketing activity more effectively
Your duties will include:
- Produce briefs and processing instructions, including Quality Control Checks
- Designing and developing marketing databases
- Designing, Developing, and utilising marketing systems such as FastStats for statistical analysis and reporting
- Developing and managing processes linked to Faststats, SCVs, Data Warehouses and Preference Centre
- Job/process automation
- Developing solutions to solve client data problems
- Improving current processes for efficiency gains
- Providing a good level of customer service to clients of Qbase
- Basic skills in Microsoft SQL Server - Querying, aggregating, and transforming data using T-SQL
- Ability to write complex SQL including joins, writing Stored procedures and Sub-queries would be advantageous
- Data formatting and transformations would be advantageous
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as the successful candidate will need to communicate with clients on a regular basis
- Good presentational skills will be needed for hosting and delivering client meetings
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and delivering on-time
- Positive attitude and flexible mind-set
- An understanding of formal project controls and documentation.
- Ability to learn new technologies, languages and platforms as needed
- The ability to take non- technical instructions and convert to technical brief and deliver
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience using the Apteco Faststats Suite would be advantageous
- Experience using large scale data integration software like SSIS or Talend would be advantageous
- Problem solving skills is essential alongside enthusiasm.
As part of a highly motivated dynamic team this role will be diverse and engaging.
Being able to think through problems methodically by assessing issues and potential risks will also be a key part of the role.
- Full training will be provided by QA (https://www.qa.com/) our training partner, plus you will enjoy the services of a dedicated external performance coach where you will complete the Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship Standard.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- 2x A-Levels
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.