The Property & Casualty (P&C) business place bespoke insurance and reinsurance solutions for our diverse client base, ranging from large global corporate clients, to Small and Medium sized Enterprise (SME) and new start-ups.
The P&C Retail Team operates across the UK and is responsible for the delivery of outstanding client service and support for new and existing businesses.
We help our clients reduce the cost of risk in their business, providing financial, legislative and societal solutions to achieve their goals. Our risk programmes, risk transfer solutions and specialist claims advocates protect our clients’ people, assets and liabilities, providing financial strength and outstanding claims service after unexpected events, such as natural catastrophes and personal injury.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 4 Insurance Professional Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date: 28 February 2021
An exciting opportunity has become available for individuals to become a key member of our Property and Casualty Retail team. The role will operate across the UK as required and focus on putting the interests of our clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business. As well as being responsible for the revenues of those clients within your portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day to day client service, answering queries received directly from clients, brokers and other third parties, communicating by voice as well as email including:
- cover advice on scenarios applied across entire insurance portfolio
- contract reviews
- additions/deletions of cover
- Technical analysis, renewal strategy, coverage review and alternative programme design
- Data review, validation and manipulation
- Application of technical and client knowledge to full suite of documentation required to renew / place business within London Market (including Market Presentations, MRC, Endorsements etc.) post drafting
- Interpretation and review of quotations, to ensure fit for purpose and meet client demands/needs
- Negotiation of renewal terms/quotations and mid-term cover alterations
- Completion of Renewal Reports – applying both technical and bespoke client knowledge to finalise post drafting.
- Completion of summaries of insurance for all interested parties (client / network) – applying both technical and client knowledge post drafting
- Attendance at key client and market meetings
- Working with clients, Insurers and overseas network to address and resolve technical and portfolio issues outside of renewal
- Liaison with other divisions/offices of Willis to provide portfolio management for renewal and mid-term requirements
- Maintaining a good relationship with internal (colleagues and associates) and external (primary budget holders and decision makers within clients) clients
- Attend network conferences
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 24-36 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for the CII qualification. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
Skills & Attributes
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal professionally with internal and external contacts
- Excellent client focus
- Ability to analyse situations and provide recommendations
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Keen eye for detail
- Proficient MS Word and an understanding of MS Excel would be advantageous
- Intermediate knowledge of data analysis
- Good presentation skills
Equal opportunity employer
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2021.