Find your path with RSA’s Bright Futures Apprenticeship Programme.
Let us help you take the next steps to a rewarding career in Insurance Underwriting.
We’re looking for those of you who are self-motivated, excited by a challenge and ready to make an impact in our business.
As part of the Bright Futures Programme, you will join our 18-month Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship that will drive you to fulfil your potential. We’ll support the development of your technical decision making and analytical skills to enable you to build and deliver sound relationships that meet business development activities.
As careers go, Insurance Underwriting is amazingly satisfying and by joining our programme you will have the chance to experience it for yourself.
You will join the Commercial Lines division of RSA that specialises in writing all lines of Commercial business for Corporate customers.
We’ll support you to achieve your Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) as well as giving you access to excellent benefits as part of your career development, including:
• Dedicated Talent Coach & RSA mentor
• Dedicated study time each week
• A comprehensive development plan that includes technical and behavioural skills
• Facilitated Learning & Development workshops plus guest speaker sessions
• Quarterly networking and community events
• Sessions on well-being and emotional fitness
• Annual volunteering opportunities as part of the programme’s giving back pledge
We’re more than just a corporate culture - and this is more than just a job.
Aside from being one of the world’s longest-standing general insurers providing peace of mind to individuals, families, small businesses, and large corporations, we pride ourselves in bringing together the brightest people from diverse backgrounds.
Using our collective intelligence and shared vision, we find answers and deliver the very best work for our customers every day.
In this Apprenticeship role, we’ll support you to:
• Develop relationships with Insurance Brokers to secure new business opportunities
• Manage broker enquiries whilst delivering the highest customer service levels through explaining technical information and selling product benefits effectively.
• Assess and analyse future risk and make effective underwriting decisions
• Issue policies, draw up contracts and process premiums
What we need from you
We want your individualism, capability, and ambition to shine through.
If you have a zest for learning and a willingness to invest time to become a qualified insurance professional, then that’s a real advantage.
You will need: 5 GCSE's including Maths & English at (Grade C or level 4-9) plus 96 UCAS points from A levels or equivalent.
The best attributes to have for this role are:
• A keen interest in Financial services
• Strong and effective analytical ability
• Positive communication style and flair
• The confidence to engage and build strong relationships with clients and brokers
• Well organised with attention to detail
• Proactive and enjoys working as part of a team
If this is the challenge you’ve been waiting for, then start your RSA journey right here.
A welcoming, diverse, and inclusive culture is an important element for RSA in our best-in-class ambition.
RSA thrives when everyone feels comfortable bringing their best self to work. We celebrate difference, whilst striving to create an environment where colleagues feel respected and valued for their unique potential.
Our commitment to diversity is sincere, continually growing and led right from the top. If you require flexibility in when, where, or how you work, we’d love to hear from you. We also want to ensure that you are supported throughout the application process to enable you to be at your best.
If you require adjustments during your application process, please flag this on your application form.