Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world
Being an apprentice at Microsoft
As a Microsoft Apprentice you could start your career early, earn while you learn and gain valuable experience.
We don’t believe in the traditional notion of “work experience” either. At Microsoft you are given real responsibility from the outset, with an employment contract for the full duration of your Apprenticeship you really are part of the team.
As an apprentice at Microsoft you will:
- Join Microsoft fully supported by an apprentice buddy who you will meet before you join and a 3-week induction event;
- Be supported in your teams by your manager and fellow team members. Our managers are fully trained and ready to support you and your apprentice programme;
- Be part of vibrant and inclusive apprentice community and can give back with our community programmes such as DigiGirls or SteamKidz;
- Be given a real job and responsibility. We love the impact our apprentices create in their jobs roles and the fresh thinking they bring;
- Be supported to be career curious. Microsoft is just the beginning. When you are coming to the end of your apprentice programme we support you with our Career Connections programme to help you secure your next career opportunity.
- Paid a competitive salary.
Are you someone who loves multi-tasking, organising and scheduling? Do you want to be able to be part of a team that is always learning while providing a first-rate support service to our Directors? Then our role as a Intelligent Cloud Business Programme Manager Apprentice in our Customer Success Unit could be for you.
As the Intelligent Cloud Business Program Manager, you place more importance on learning than knowing. You leverage the power of differences and similarities to achieve the best results. You have passion for Microsoft’s cloud technology, energy to go the extra mile and are a self-starter with an eye for organisation and detail. Pushing yourself to grow and multi-tasking is what gets you going. In your role you will be reporting directly to the UK CSU Business Manager
As a member of this team, you place more importance on learning than knowing. You leverage the power of differences and similarities to achieve the best results. You have passion for Microsoft’s cloud technology, energy to go the extra mile and are a self-starter with an eye for organisation and detail. Pushing yourself to grow and multi-tasking is what gets you going.
- Manage and maintain his Intelligent Cloud rhythm of business, calendar and activities
- Coordinate domestic (and sometimes international travel)
- Sync with the General Manager’s Business Manager on aligning ROB processes and operations and ensure tight coordination between the CSU rhythm and Azure business
- Manage scheduling and logistics for his team meetings etc.
- Budget responsibility for funding all-up team activities including all hands, morale events, internal activities etc
- Create and maintain all-up distribution lists for the Azure business organization
- Manage special projects as needed especially supporting in communicating escalations and ensure asks from customers are being communicated and actioned
Business processes and management
- Updating and monitoring org charts and team aliases/distribution lists for each team.
- Provide support to new starters in the team – getting them onboard quickly with the things they need including laptops.
- Delivering high quality and timely responses to incoming emails and understand task prisonisation as well as communication with senior leaders in the business and customers
- Working closely with the Customer Success Business Manager and Executive Assistant to support your development and on the job training
- Taking on stretch projects as and when required and opportunities arise.
Level 6 Charted Manager Degree Apprenticeship
Our Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship is a 4-and-a-half-year programme.
We use the to grow the critical skills that you need in this role. You will spend time away from your job training and growing your knowledge to bring back into your job and apply all you have learnt. You will complete work-based assignments on this programme and the modules of the programme are aligned to what you will be doing in your day to day job role. It is not an exam-based Degree Apprenticeship
Who should apply?
At Microsoft we are all about your potential. We love apprentices who are a self-starter’s and have initiative. Being curious, great listening skills, and a hunger to learn about our business are a must.
To be successful in the job role and on the apprenticeship programme our experience tells us that you must be highly organised with an eye for detail. You will be enthusiastic and be proud to be representing Microsoft on a day to day basis.
You will complete work to a high standard and be able to learn and improve process as you get more familiar with your role. You will also be a confident communicator who is able to be a great story teller and present ideas and influence people.
5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English and 3 A Levels A*-C or equivalent qualifications