Intermediate Business Administration Apprenticeship - MJW Law (Altrincham)
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Distance Learning
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Level 2
- Business & Admin
Vacancy Short Description - Why should I apply?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly and forward-thinking firm, giving the opportunity to develop in the role and start a career in legal support, following successful completion of the apprenticeship. There would also be opportunities for the successful candidate to progress further with additional CILEx legal apprenticeships and qualifications and work their way up to a more senior role if the candidate so wished.
Vacancy Full Description - What work will I be doing? What duties and responsibilities will I have?
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Filing and maintaining legal records
- Drafting letters and documents
- Making and receiving telephone calls and passing on accurate messages
- Assisting clients with telephone queries
- Chasing clients for outstanding documents and information
- Researching information
- Photocopying & other general office administration
- Dealing with confidential information, filing, creating reports and files
- Demonstrating good customer service skills
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with other employees
- Communicating effectively with people
- Providing clients with updates on files
- Opening new files and entering them on the system
- Typing letters/emails to clients
- Updating and inputting information onto the firm’s case management system
- First line support for client queries
- Assisting with Fee Earners chasers and post
- Arranging medical appointments
- Any other duties which would assist the Fee Earners and/or Managing Partner
- Comply with MJW Law’s practices and procedures
- Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures
- Ensure all important dates are diarised and actioned when appropriate
- Keep up to date with all correspondence and communication relating to all files
Weekly Wage £:
£11,000.00 gross per annum
Working Week (total hours plus shift pattern for an average week):
37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri 9am – 5.30pm, with a 1hr lunch break
Who is the employer? Where will I be working?
MJW Law Limited based in Altrincham, South Manchester.
MJW Law is one of the first law firms to be authorised and regulated by CILEx Regulation in September 2016. Although a fairly new law firm, we have grown from 2 members of staff to 8 within 17 months. We aim to provide the highest level of customer service and legal advice to both individuals and businesses.
We understand that when a client instructs a law firm to handle their case, whatever that might be, it is a carefully considered decision. We believe that the most important factors for a client are, cost, initial consultation and maintaining a good legal relationship.
At MJW we are confident that not only are we competitive on price but all members of the team provide an excellent level of service with a personal touch.
We focus heavily on the need to recruit and train new staff to assist us with this aim.
Training to be provided
- Job-specific training through working alongside experienced staff will be provided
- A combined competency and technical qualification to demonstrate you have the skills required to carry out the job, as well as to provide education. Competency is assessed by breaking down the contents of the jobs within your specific occupation into tasks called units of competences and will be measured through observations, assessments and witness testimony. The technical units are assessed through written assignments and online assessments.
- Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and IT) Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in literacy, numeracy and ICT skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Your academic and competency training will be through CILEx Law School. CILEx Law School provide effective and accessible training for a wide range of professional and vocational legal and business admin qualifications. Its emphasis is on quality, innovation, and flexibility in course delivery, coupled with excellence in customer service. CLS is wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, and has been delivering legal training for 30 years.
Legal services organisations are increasingly using CILEx Law School training to develop support staff into fee earning roles including through the new legal apprenticeships. For more information please visit our website - www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk
We will review your application against the criteria below when considering your suitability for the role. Only applications which clearly demonstrate with evidence that they meet the essential criteria will be short-listed for interview. Desirable criteria are those that enhance your capacity to do the job but can be acquired once in employment.
You must provide evidence to demonstrate you meet the criteria within your application form to be short-listed. Please see below:
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Office, internet, email, excel & word etc)
- Being able to learn new skills quickly
- Awareness/knowledge: the importance of providing excellent customer service
- Confidence to use modern business equipment such as multi-functional copiers and fax machines
- Any admin related experience (whether gained in employment or through voluntary work)
- Customer focussed
- Attention to detail
- Reliable and motivated
- Well presented with a professional manner
- Being flexible and comfortable working as part of a team
- Understanding the need for maintaining confidentiality
- Enthusiasm and the ability to show initiative
- An ability to follow instructions
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
- 5 GCSE grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English.
- NVQ Level 1 or equivalent in a Business or Admin related subject
If you are required to commute, then please carefully consider the associated cost and time spent before applying for this role.
- This is a monthly paid post and you are required to work a month in hand. You will be entitled to receive statutory minimum annual leave. The salary will be £11,000.00 gross per annum
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.