Intermediate Legal Administration Apprenticeship - Howes Percival (Norwich)
- Distance Learning
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Employment & Training
- Level 2
- Level 2
- Professional Qualifications
- Business & Admin
- Norwich remove
Vacancy Short Description - Why should I apply?
This a great starting point to join a leading commercial law firm with clients ranging from individuals and families to global businesses and government departments. Howes Percival offer a wide range of legal expertise and are constantly investing in new specialisms to ensure that they can offer excellent advice to our clients across all aspects of their business. You will be working as a legal apprentice training in administration.
Vacancy Full Description - What work will I be doing? What duties and responsibilities will I have?
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Complete administrative duties as agreed by line manager.
- Receive telephone calls, recording and passing on accurate messages.
- Design and produce documents.
- Support the running of projects, including events.
- Diary management and the organisation of meeting.
- Research information.
- Filing and photocopying.
- Collecting information and files.
- Dealing with confidential information, filing, creating reports and files.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other employees.
- Communicate effectively with people.
Weekly Wage £:
To be confirmed
Working Week (total hours plus shift pattern for an average week):
35hrs/wk, Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm, inc. 1hr unpaid lunch
CILEx Law School has strong employer links within this industry sector and following on from successful completion of this apprenticeship there maybe the opportunity for progression onto a higher apprenticeship or the CILEx Chartered Legal Executive training.
Who is the employer? Where will I be working?
Howes Percival LLP
The Legal Apprentice role is based at our office in Norwich.
We are a leading commercial law firm and our clients range from individuals and families to global businesses and government departments. We offer a wide range of legal expertise and are constantly investing in new specialisms to ensure that we can offer excellent advice to our clients across all aspects of their business.
Training to be provided?
- Job-specifics training through working alongside experienced staff
- A combined competency and technical qualification to demonstrate you have the skills required to carry out the job, as well as to provide legal education. Competency is assessed by breaking down the contents of the jobs within your specific occupation into tasks called units of competences and will be measured through observations, assessments and witness testimony. The technical units are assessed through written assignments and online assessments.
- Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and IT) Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in a literacy, numeracy and ICT skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successfully completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Possible Enhancements
Your academic and competency training will be through CILEx Law School. CILEx Law School provide effective and accessible training for a wide range of professional and vocational legal qualifications. Our emphasis is on quality, innovation, and flexibility in course delivery, coupled with excellence in customer service. We are wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, and have been delivering legal training for 30 years.
Legal services organisations are increasingly using CILEx Law School training to develop support staff into fee earning roles including through the new legal apprenticeships. For more information please visit our website - www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk
We will review your application against the criteria below when considering your suitability for the role, only applications which clearly demonstrate with evidence that they meet the essential criteria will be short-listed for interview. Desirable criteria are those that enhance your capacity to do the job but can be acquired once in employment.
You must provide evidence to demonstrate you meet the criteria within your application form to be short-listed.
- Ability to work with technology
- Ability to work in a business environment
- Customer service skills
- Hands on & Practical ability
- Ability to work within the physical nature of the job
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Use of Email/Internet
- Caring nature
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Meeting deadlines
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Mature attitude
- Ability to deal with sensitive personal client situations effectively
- Planner/thinking ahead
- Leadership skills
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
- 5 GCSE grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English.
If you are required to commute, then please carefully consider the associated cost and time spent before applying for this role.
- This is a monthly paid post and you are required to work a month in hand and you will be entitled to receive statutory minimum annual leave. The salary is to be confirmed.
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.