We are looking for individuals from the Local Nottingham community, aged 18+ to join our Intermediate Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Programme. Our programme will provide you with the opportunity to earn a real wage whilst you achieve a Level 2 Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship.
Boots is the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, with over 2,500 stores in the UK, ranging from local community pharmacies to large destination health and beauty stores.
The Boots Stores Service Centre, our state of the art automated Warehouse, based at our Nottingham site in Beeston, is an important part to the business ensuring the right products appear on the right shelves at the right time for our customers.
Our Warehouse team is legendary for their care for customers, colleagues and the community. You’ll join a big, diverse and friendly team and quickly become part of many activities, including charity events, listening sessions and even local competitions! You’ll find plenty of support on hand when you need it, including regular support from your line manager and mentor.
The importance of the placement
We take our Early Careers development very seriously at Boots. We’ve got a long history of running successful apprenticeship programmes and we really want to help you achieve your full potential. This exciting opportunity gives you the chance to earn whilst you learn.
What you’ll be doing on your Apprenticeship;
- Receive stock from our range of suppliers in our inbound operation, so that it is available to be picked when needed
- Working as a part of the picking team to pick up to 3.5 million products per day which go out to our stores.
- Place the stock into the appropriate containers (totes) or onto pallets
- Making sure that stock is picked correctly and well-presented ready for our stores to sell to our customers.
- Have opportunities to work in the Despatch team to understand how products get to our stores.
- Learn about the importance of Health & Safety and drive excellent standards throughout our Warehouse.
- Spend the day in our Burton upon Trent Warehouse, to understand the .com operation, and to see how a seasonal warehouse operates.
- Supporting the Apprenticeship Recruitment team with local career fairs and school talks to inspire others to become an apprentice at Boots.
Our ideal Apprentice:
- Is able to work alone or as part of a team
- Is committed to the Apprenticeship programme and always tries their best, ensuring they are on time.
- Attends their college sessions to enable them to complete their academic studies
- Feels confident working in a fast paced environment
- Can speak to different people across the business
- Pays attention to ensure the right stock is being picked for the right store and is confident in raising issues if needed.
- Can support the warehouse operation when needed.
- Is able to organise themselves accordingly.
What you’ll need to have either:
- GCSE in Maths and English at Grade D-G / Grade 1
- Functional skills at level 1 or above.
Salary: £8.33 per hour.
Interviews will take place In August 2018.
Start date: September 2018
Hours: Rotating day shifts: a week of 6am to 2pm Monday to Saturday followed by a week of 2pm to 10pm Monday to Saturday with one rotating rest day per week.
Location: Nottingham Beeston campus which has a direct bus access onto site
Benefits: Boots employee discount card, pension, 25 days holidays and our amazing benefit box, which allows you to choose benefits that suit you, including travel loans and discounts to cinemas and restaurants. Onsite parking. Onsite facilities including two staff shops and opticians. Also being on the apprenticeship programme allows you to apply for an NUS Card, giving you lots of additional discounts.