Internal IT Service Desk Apprentice
The Company are one of the UK’s leading Voice, Connect, Cloud, Cybersecurity and Digital solution providers, helping over 20,000 businesses grow through innovative technology and expert advice.
Not only do they pride themselves on their award-winning service, they are also extremely proud to have been placed in ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ for 10 consecutive years.
The Company are currently looking to recruit 2 determined and enthusiastic Apprentices to join their expanding service desk team. You will support many customers in various markets each across a variety of technology products and services.
The successful candidate will be reporting an ICT Apprentices Team Leader.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities and are hardworking and ambitious, then this is the Company for you.
Main responsibilities: [Your day to day role will include:]
- Delivering exceptional 1st Line Support to customers by answering the telephone and accurately logging client support issues on the companies internal systems
- Achieving agreed customer service levels and updating support tickets information
- Ability to carry out basic troubleshooting activities and provide first time fix
- Communicate effectively with customers and internal people to resolve issues and escalate where necessary by following the companies processes and procedures
- Identify up-sell opportunities across the range of the companies products and services
- Knowledge of basic technology products and services
- Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office 365 end user skills
- Confidence to diagnose and fix customer issues
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable and hardworking
- Good timekeeping
- Organised and self-motivated
- 5 GCSE's, grades A-C including Maths & English
- It would be an advantage if you have an A-Level or equivalent in ICT or a similar subject
Monday to Friday Either 8:00am-5:00pm / 8:30am-5:30pm 9:00am-6:00pm (37½ hours per week)
The Company creates opportunities for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. They believe the growth and success of their people ensures the growth and success of their business.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be an opportunity to continue your learning journey and to receive sponsorship for industry recognized accreditation such as Network +, CCNA, CCNP.
Many of the Companies’ former apprentices have gone on to forge successful careers within the business with regular promotion and salary reviews.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.