IT 1st Line Helpdesk Apprentice
The company was established in 2008 and offer businesses IT Support with their specialist knowledge of cloud computing and managed IT services. Their well respected and accredited technical and development teams provide technical IT solutions to businesses large and small across the UK. Working with leading technology partners to provide expertise in Infrastructure, Cloud, Disaster Recovery Development, Virtualisation, Communications and many more.
They are looking for a dedicated IT Apprentice to be the first point of contact for any request that is submitted to the helpdesk. You will work in a small, dedicated, dynamic team in a busy IT-based office and be responsible for 1st line Helpdesk support of Software, Client Networks, Cloud and Web-Based computer systems.
With the right attitude, you really can make a difference.
Working alongside more senior members of the team, knowledge is quickly transferred enabling you to quickly learn and develop new skills. The company believe strongly in working as a team and that each team player is critical to their success.
- Manage requests and record full details of problems on the HelpDesk Support Ticket logging system
- Solve simple problems and supply customers with solutions where known
- Proactive monitoring of internal and datacentre systems
- Ensure Support Tickets are completed within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Pass more complex problems to second line support
- Work with second line personnel to learn how to diagnose and solve problems
- Build up a database of solutions and create Help documents/videos
- Feed-back common or important problems to the development team
- Work with the Training and Development teams to assist with problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A flexible approach
- Good attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions and work independently where required
- Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel)
- An enthusiastic approach and a 'can do' attitude
- Desire to go above and beyond in order to exceed expectations
- A strong desire to improve and develop your skills
- Punctual, reliable, polite and presentable
- Enjoy dealing with people and working as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- 5 GCSE's including Maths & English at Grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- A levels or equivalent would be highly desirable
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft network and server technology would also be an advantage
Monday - Friday, 8:45am - 5:30pm (7 hours 45 mins / per day)
If you invest in the company and your apprenticeship, then we will invest in you and your future. Our team members experience rapid career progression. The sky's the limit for a successful apprentice to grow their career within the company on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.