Local Care Direct are a Social Enterprise that was established in 2004 by local GPs in West Yorkshire and deliver Healthcare services across Yorkshire and the Humber. They provide both urgent Medical and Dental Services and support the delivery of Primary Care services at scale to their Health and Social Care partners across Yorkshire and the Humber. Local Care Direct provide bespoke services to transform the regional and national deliverables to local patient and provider needs.
Job Purpose / Overview:
As an apprentice, your role will be to provide provision of technical support for Information System Services and telephony platforms, daily administration of systems and relevant hardware and software, maintenance and preventative maintenance of systems, applications and relevant hardware, effective use of corporate policy to support the delivery of LCD’s information systems platforms.
- Be responsible for the provision of logging and troubleshooting first line technical support to Local Care Direct employees located at multiple sites across West Yorkshire.
- Support the Contact Centre operation by being present for handovers and available to support the function during peak Contact Centre hours.
- Escalate issues to the 3rd Party Support Team and/or the IT Manager in a timely manner.
- Be a professional member of the technical services team, a team player and supportive of others.
- Provide first line technical support to the business across the entire LCD organisation and maintain its applications and infrastructure portfolio.
- Adhere to Information Governance and enforce all corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain and administer the telephony platforms within trained scope
- Maintain and administer the corporate routers and firewalls within trained scope
- Ensure that data protection and associated policies are adhered to and ensure that all data and system security is always enforced and complied with, raising any areas or risk or improvement potential to line management.
- Support in maintaining the IT Asset Register.
- Be able to drive and be prepared to travel to other LCD operational areas and sites and carry out support or project requirements.
- Support the implementation of new services and service development and to take ownership of any tasks allocated to you in any project capacity.
- To participate in IT On-Call duties on a rotational basis.
- To work as a team member of the department and encourage an effective and professional working environment.
- To ensure there are effective lines of communications and reporting within the technical support area.
- To uphold and promote Local Care Direct values and ensure these are translated into working practices and service design
- To maintain the highest standards of conduct
- To ensure that the quality of patient care and experience is firmly at the centre of IT activities.
Communications & Relationships:
- To promote effective cross-functional working and support the achievement of objectives, standards and protocols of other directorates.
- To provide regular reports on the performance and development of the service, internally and externally as required.
- To ensure all staff has received the defined company induction programme and core training for their role and mandatory refresher training thereafter and that accurate records of training are maintained.
- To ensure all staff receive an annual performance and development review incorporating the development of a personal development plan.
- To seek feedback on their leadership.
- 1 year or more experience in a technical support capacity
- 1 or more years’ experience of administering Microsoft Server and PC applications
- Experience dealing with end users and suppliers.
- Communication skills, telephone manor, face to face and influencing skills
- Administrative experience in a busy, customer-focused environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and team working skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to translate requirements from Line Management and other business colleagues into tangible solutions
- Local Care Direct Services and Operations
- Experience in the troubleshooting and administration of the following: -
- Microsoft 365
- Windows Operating Systems
- Basic Network Troubleshooting
- Print Management / Troubleshooting
- The postholder will be required to work on their own initiative and make recommendations to management to achieve the goals set out in the annual operating plan.
- The successful performance of this role will require some flexible working hours and frequent contact with a wide range of external stakeholders. The Team Leader will be expected to work additional hours at times, in order to cover colleague absences.
- The postholder will be expected to operate at a satisfactory level (to be agreed with line manager) across all Local Care Direct leadership competencies and to maintain a personal development plan to address development needs.
- As a social enterprise providing essential public services, Local Care Direct demands the highest standards of integrity and personal behaviour from its entire staff.
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week flexible across a shift pattern of either 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm,
Monday to Friday - plus some weekend work and the requirement to participant in a rotational on-call rota to support business operation.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.