Semafone’s greatest asset is its people - and we want you to be yourself.
We are a group of talented, creative and committed individuals with a passion for delivering innovative solutions to the market. Semafone is rich in diversity, employing talent from all over the world. Diversity and Inclusion isn't an initiative for us - it's a reality.
Semafone provides software to contact centres so they can take personal data securely over the telephone. Semafone’s patented data capture method collects sensitive information such as payment card or bank details and social security numbers directly from the customer’s telephone keypad for processing. This prevents personal data from entering the contact centre, which protects against the risk of fraud and the associated reputational damage, ensuring compliance with industry regulations such as PCI DSS.
Main role / purpose of the role:
The IT & Infrastructure Support Apprentice will learn to be responsible for acting as the face and heart of IT for all internal users, taking ownership of Ticket Triaging, Incident Management, Service request fulfilment, Asset Management and equipment provisioning. They will effectively co-ordinate helpdesk tickets and effectively communicate updates between different teams.
They will constantly be learning and engaging with new technologies, deepening their growing knowledge within an Enterprise environment, gaining more responsibility as they develop their understanding of IT and Infrastructure.
- Day to Day BAU which includes helping with the smooth running on the Service Desk, assigning tickets and completing them with our SLA agreement
- Document and update any processes that are out of date
- Actively participate in your own development plan under the supervision of you line manager and training provider
- Undertake other duties compatible with your learning and development as required
Information Security Responsibilities:
It is your responsibility to assist Semafone, manage and maintain certification for the following frameworks:
- PCI (Data Security Standard, Payment Application Data Security Standard, Software Security Framework, Secure Software Lifecycle.)
- Cyber Essentials
It is your duty to ensure that you understand what is required of you, this includes reviewing the policies and procedures on the Human Resource Information System (HRIS). If you are unsure of what is expected of you regarding Information Security, then please contact a member of the team for assistance.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Some knowledge of Azure AD
- Some knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Some knowledge of VMware
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and above (Including Active Directory)
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10
- Basic knowledge of Network (What a switch does, what a firewall does)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of ISO27001 and PCI-DSS
- Love and passion for Technology.
- Willing to learn new things. We will help you learn what you need during the course, but we also are open for you to teach us.
- Ability to work well as a team and on your own. During the apprenticeship you will be set targets and it is up to you to get them done on your own.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary. Our normal day is 9-5:30 however you may be asked to do the occasional weekend and out of hours work.
- Good communication skills. It’s important to treat everyone how you want to be treated.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff. Not everyone understands the IT lingo, sometimes we must turn IT speak into friendly speak.
- At least 5 GCSE's at grade 4 or above.
- GCSE English and Maths at grace C or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.