We believe that every pupil can be INSPIRED to be the very best that they can be.
We set the highest of EXPECTATIONS so that pupils will develop the skills, confidence and independence necessary to become SUCCESSFUL LEARNERS.
We are a supportive COMMUNITY.
We are AMBITIOUS for our pupils and the role that they will play in the future of their local and global communities.
TOGETHER with families, we will enable every pupil to fulfil their potential.
Our vision pervades everything we do – learning to inspire, inspired to learn.
Our aims as a Specialist Science College are to:
- Raise standards of attainment for all pupils, particularly in our specialist subjects
- Extend the subjects available both within the school day and after school time
- Raise the standard of teaching and learning in our specialist subjects
Purpose of the Post:
- To work as part of the ICT Team to provide guidance and support for pupils and staff following agreed procedures and standards.
Main role / duties:
- Provide a practical service to address printer problems including but not limited to, paper jams and replacement of toner cartridges
- Assist with the recycling of toners and IT equipment
- Assist with the up-keep of the hardware inventory and security marking of all IT equipment
- Deal with support requests under the supervision of line manager
- Install and maintain ICT services in a range of locations, for the use, support and development of applications and systems in line with the school’s requirements and targets
- Liaise with external suppliers and report faults to service providers
- Contribute to the work of the team in the delivery of projects and support as required by the ICT Manager
- Demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly, sometimes outside of normal core hours in response to service demands as agreed with the ICT Manager
- To support & service audio-visual equipment
- To understand and comply with the School’s Equality Policy
- To uphold and comply with the statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation on Council Policies and Procedures relating to Health and Safety at work
- Any other duties as may reasonably be expected within the grade of the post
- The post holder will have daily contact with pupils and staff and therefore must have the ability to relate effectively to all adults and young people
- To conduct software installation on PCs as agreed with the ICT Manager
- To conduct hardware troubleshooting as agreed with the ICT Manager
- To create, install and maintain network cables as agreed with the ICT Manager
- Reset network credentials for staff and pupils
- Capture computer images and re-image computers across the school as agreed by the ICT Manager
- To maintain laptops and iPad/mobile devices across the school, lapsafes, and iPad/mobile device trolleys - To ensure that they are booked out and opened/closed in line with the school’s security measures
- To conduct regular projector/interactive board maintenance and servicing
- To assist with the replacement of any projectors and/or interactive screens
- To create and maintain fobs/door access control for members of staff
Key skills & abilities:
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Analytical thinker
- Ability to use initiative to think through problems to find solutions
- Literate with good written communication skills
- Numerate and able to work with basic spreadsheet functions
Knowledge & experience
- Knowledge or experience of hardware and software
- Understand and have knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Generic ICT skills
- Knowledge or experience of installation of PCs and printers
- Customer focused
- Tactful and sensitive
- Committed to working as a positive and constructive team member
Desired qualification requirements:
- GCSE in English, Maths and ICT, or equivalent
5 days per week,
Monday - Friday,
8am – 4pm,
36hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£180 per week
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.