Based on the outskirts of Harrogate, A.S.E Computer Services have been providing quality IT Sales and Service since 1994 when the founders, returning from working in Electronics abroad, saw the natural progression to working with Micro Electronics in computers.
I am looking for an ambitious and hardworking apprentice to join my fast growing IT Company in Harrogate. We have plans to grow our company rapidly. There will be lots of opportunities to further your knowledge and grow within the company.
As an individual, we want someone who wants to grow their knowledge and become the best IT engineer they can be. You’ll be regularly coached and helped to achieve your own personal goals. We want someone who is comfortable working outside of their comfort zone.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Provide customer support, service and technical support through analysis and problem resolving
- Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure support team
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management
- Own and take forward initiatives and small projects
Desired skills and qualities:
- Someone who can drive (clean licence essential for the role)
- Excellent communicator, it is mission critical to my business
- Keen and good at IT but having no real background is essential
- Understands that an apprenticeship is not over once they have a bit of paper in their hands. It takes a long time for much water to go under the bridge
- Customer service skills must be good
- Are in good health and not an IT geek
A-levels are good but not essential, having passes is helpful.
Opportunity to become a permanent member.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.