Are you looking to start your IT career in a rapidly expanding business?
This could be the role for you!!
Formed in 1982 Sotech is a leading designer & manufacturer of the optima range of metal rain screen cladding & architectural fabrication. They operate from a 65,000 sqft manufacturing facility in Peterlee and they are now looking to take on an IT Apprentice to join their growing team.
You can find out more about Sotech here: www.sotech-optima.co.uk
Roles & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- 1st line response for all IT issues
- Facilitate the installation of IT equipment to new / existing users
- Maintain the companies IT assets keep an accurate register
- Liaise with 2nd and 3rd line support to achieve a positive outcome for the end users
- Ensure there is a suitable stock of IT equipment (including consumables)
- Build and maintain the companies SharePoint system and maximise the return on investment of this product.
- Developing IT Systems using predominantly Microsoft programs
- Keep up to date with industry changes in the digitisation field (predominant Microsoft)
- Build applications / analytics systems to ensure data is captured effectively and presented throughout the business using programmes such as Microsoft PowerApps,
- Any Ad-hoc tasks as requested by the Systems Manager or Management.
- Follow all Company rules and policies
- Support fellow colleagues to maximise productivity/efficiency and maintain the office environment.
- Complete tasks as directed by your line manager and management
Full support and guidance will be provided by both Baltic Apprenticeship and Sotech throughout your time on the apprenticeship.
Desired Quality, Skills & Knowledge:
- A natural passion for IT
- Good communication skills (written, verbal and over the telephone)
- Good troubleshooting knowledge
- Good knowledge of hardware and components
- Good problem solver
- A self-starter
- Long term career plan
- A minimum of a 4 in Maths or equivalent is required for this role
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £10,000 per annum
- 40 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 8am to 4pm, Friday 8am to 2:30pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Sotech app which includes discounts in shops etc.
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
Baltic Apprenticeships - Information, advice and guidance
Funding & Eligibility Criteria:
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role. For more information, please read Annex A on the below document: