Are you passionate about IT and looking to kick start your career?
XDP are the largest privately owned parcel carrier in the UK with a team of over 500 and a franchise network in excess of 60 depots nationwide. Formed in 1995, they have built a reputation of reliability and quality service. Based in the same office, XDP outsource IT to System X.
Due to continued growth, System X are looking to expand their team in Birmingham by recruiting 2 IT apprentices. Benefits of the role include pizza days and dress down Friday's.
Could this be the role you are looking for?
Roles & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Raising tasks via ticket system
- Carrying out configuration and testing of new kit prior to installation
- Setting up and installing devices
- Monitoring technical issues on a daily basis
- Collating data for reporting
- Testing and installing new hardware and software
Full support and guidance will be provided by both Baltic Apprenticeship and System X throughout your time on the apprenticeship.
Desired Quality, Skills & Knowledge
- A natural passion for IT
- Good communication skills (Written and over the telephone)
- A team player
- Ability to work independently
- Good time and task management skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel
- A minimum of a 4 in Maths and English Language
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Monday to Friday 8.30-4.30 or 9.00-5.30
- £8,285 Per Annum
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Dress down Fridays
- Pizza days
- Team activities (Christmas party, charity days etc.)
- Breakout area with hockey table
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
Funding & Eligibility criteria:
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role.
To be eligible for this role, the employer requires a DBS check. In order to do this, you must have a British passport.