We are an expanding Managed Service Provider, delivering IT Support and related services to SMEs throughout the North West of England - with an emphasis on IT security.
We are looking for an apprentice to join our skilled team of support staff.
Primarily the main purpose will be to support the company's technicians - with a view to grow into a technician role after completing the apprenticeship.
- Answering telephone calls
- Taking details of client's problem/requirement
- Asking relevant questions to get additional detail
- Offering technical assistance if and when appropriate
- Logging enquiry details onto call logging system
- Shadowing technicians both in the company’s workshop and on client premises
- Utilising inactive periods to further their studies
- Assisting administrative staff with their duties
Desirable skills & personal qualities:
- A passion for technology
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
We offer excellent training and have offered our former apprentices positions within the company as full time technicians and given the opportunity to develop a career with the company with more responsibilities, a new job title and pay increases - on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.