Schenck Process is the global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. We make processes work in all areas of industry throughout the world. For us that means improving our customer processes in terms of reliability, efficiency, and accuracy. Combining outstanding equipment and extensive process knowledge, we develop and manufacture innovative solutions for weighing, feeding, conveying, screening, automation, and air filtration applications. We focus on the needs of our customers and support them through the whole lifecycle of a product.
Current Goal – KPI’s:
- Meeting agreed response times for individuals and requests
- Keeping to yearly budget
- Regular reports on key areas
To work as part of the IT team to provide level 1 support to end users of Company Business Systems, IT hardware and software and related equipment throughout the business, resulting in achievement of individual / team objectives (As per PDR).
Basic job relations:
MDs, Head of Global IT Infrastructure, Head of Global Business Applications, Head of Global Project Management Office, Head of Global Project Management Office, IT responsible in Europe, IT Administrators and Key Users.
Main role and responsibilities:
To provide user and hardware support, Installation and control of PC’s, applications, Licences and operating system in-line with the Global IT strategy, delivery of timely IT support to all internal customers, Cross site covering all UK locations, interacting with colleagues in other locations.
- Hardware and User setup and support
- Act as the owner of the service desk call on behalf of the user from initiation to completion, proactively contacting the user to provide updates and expediting progress within the team
- Maintain software and hardware asset register
- Application support
- Develop FAQ help-sheets and bite-size e-Learning for our users for commonly reported issues
- Co-ordinate with third party suppliers
Desired skills and qualities:
- Demonstrable ability to understand new software / systems quickly.
- Analytical, logical and accurate mind with good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Interest in new technologies and their application to a business
- Experience in working within IT support
- Full driving licence
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.