We are a new kind of Music Company for a new world. A new world which demands that deals are transparent and fair. A new world in which service to artists and writers is key. The only significant international company to combine publishing and recordings under one roof, our purpose is clear - to support your career and maximize your income.
To support the IT Department in ensuring that BMG fulfils its commitment to our clients and customers of being a cutting edge world class music company by supporting the technology BMG relies on to deliver our service.
To be responsible for IT administration, carrying out service requests, incident & problem resolution and environmental and preventative maintenance.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Carry out day to day administrative tasks and service requests as required by the business, for example Starter, Changer, Leaver processes
- Monitor the Global Support mailbox and phone, recording all incidents, service requests and problems in the IT service desk
- Address technical incidents and problems promptly in line with the business impact and urgency. Where possible, mitigate issues to prevent reoccurrence using continual improvement principles
- Escalate issues and problems to Senior Manager – IT or external (Arvato) support services where appropriate
- Provide friendly expert advice and technical support to internal and external staff in a timely manner
- Liaise with external support staff (Lenovo Engineers etc.)
- Attend weekly IT Meetings to review outstanding tasks and issues
- Keep the IT office and server room clean, tidy and free of hazards
What qualities and skills are we looking for?
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Commitment and aptitude to complete the training and studying required
- Strong team ethos
- Able to deal effectively and efficiently with people at all levels
- Friendly communicator
- Excellent problem solver
- Logically and methodically minded to be able to troubleshoot issues that are logged
- Ability to pick up new technologies and processes quickly
- Interest in music
- Interest in IT and technology on a wider scale
- Passionate about gaining skills and experience in the IT Sector
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s grade A* - C, including English & Maths.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.