We are one of the largest first-choice venue for events in the North. With flexible venue space available to hire.
We are proudly owned, managed and run by the Peel Group - a leading infrastructure, transport and real estate investment company in the UK.
To provide 1st line (helpdesk) technical support to both internal and external employees, assisting them with hardware, software and mobile telephone problems via email, telephone, remote administration or onsite visits.
Main role and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To log all calls on the IT Helpdesk portal and maintain full documentation.
- Respond to enquiries from users and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing guidance and advice
- To allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support member
- Installation of temporary cables in the halls for event
- Provide support for events including exhibitors and organisers
- Relevant 1st line / Helpdesk support experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop Technologies (Windows 7,8 &10).
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, and delegation).
- Good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Excellent telephone manner and face-to-face communication skills
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to work on own and under pressure
- Good time management and ability to priorities
- Be aware of what else is happening around them
- Work on own initiative to resolve issues not previously resolved
- Professional and smart at all times
- Always seeking to improve work practices and processes.
- Always seeking to improve personal performance
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Benefits of working here inc:
- 33 Days Holiday including Bank Holidays
- Peoples Pension Plan
- Healthcare Cash Plan & Annual Health Screenings
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Retailer discounts
- Free car parking and festive bonus.
Opportunity for a full time permanent contract with the company on successful completion of the apprenticeship, with a pay rise and new job title.
You’ll also gain further investment in training.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.