People are the lifeblood of the companies’ success. The people working for them are unusually passionate and enthusiastic about what they do. That’s because the ethos within the company is an open, friendly, honest, non-political environment, whilst always being responsive, flexible, committed and hardworking. In 2019 they were voted one of ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ for the fifth year running.
They are looking for someone with a passion for IT but limited skills, as the role is focused heavily on learning. As skills grow, you will be given practical opportunities to use them and gain experience supporting the needs of the business within the IT Service Desk team.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Accept and log incident and request tickets in line with IT processes using Service Desk tools
- Progress and resolve incident and service request tickets as training and experience allows
- Produce weekly stock reports and keep track of stock levels to ensure adequate IT equipment at sites
- Daily inspection of office, meeting room IT and audio visual equipment to ensure that they are in working order
- Daily face to face communication with office staff to understand any outstanding issues with IT and AV equipment and escalation to senior staff as required
- Assist IT staff with ‘new-starter’ process, build and handover of personal IT equipment
- Installation of IT equipment and peripherals
- Assist in delivery of desktop applications using desktop management solutions
- Maintaining the asset register in line with process
- Assist and participate in IT and other department projects where requested
- Responsive to customers and colleagues
- Supports business objectives
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – Identify root causes
- Good attention to detail – accurate
- Excellent listening skills
- Accountable and responsible
- Adaptive to change
- Excellent rapport building skills
- Good work ethic and attitude
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Positive outlook
- Drives excellence
- Willingness to learn
- Team player – works well with others
- Flexible – able to fit in with business needs and work out of core business hours when required.
- Able to travel to other offices as and when required
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
In addition to a competitive salary within the telecoms market, we also offer a full range of great benefits, including:
- 25 days leave, plus bank holidays
- Company bonus (potential to earn a bonus based on personal and company performance)
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Numerous online discounts
- Eye care vouchers
- Paid time off for volunteering initiatives
On top of that, they organise a number of company events during the year and Charity Fund Raising is also very popular within the offices.
For apprentices who work hard throughout the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to continue to learn and develop with the company through a level 4 apprenticeship.
The experience and qualifications gained will be of value to any future employer as you have gained valuable skills and IT qualifications throughout your apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.