This is a dynamic and innovative technology solutions provider.
They are looking for a motivated and hardworking individual with a passion for IT to work within their busy Network Operations Centre.
Due to expansion they have a need for an IT Apprentice to join their business.
The Apprentice will act as a first point of contact for their customers and will assist with coordination of the service they provide.
• Provide 1st Line IT Support
• Be the interface between customers and their engineers via telephone, email, and Skype for Business.
• Provide the Line Manger/Service Manager/Operations Manager with accurate relevant management information across all accounts
• Be the first point of contact for any queries from their customers via telephone, email, and Skype for Business.
• Provide support to everyone for desktop support tasks relating to accounts and ad-hoc requests.
• Effectively manage team mailboxes to ensure they answer all emails in a timely manner
• Help prioritise engineering tasks on customer sites
• Build and maintain good relationships between Management, field engineers, NOC Engineers and Customers
• Ensure all changes are recorded and kept updated on their change calendar and Assist with outstanding approvals within timeframes set for all changes.
• An individual with a real passion for IT
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong fundamental knowledge of Information Technologies
• Ideally, the successful candidate would have customer service experience - but full training will be given
• Team player
• Good work ethic and committed to learning
• A driving license would be advantageous [not essential]
• £150 per week
• Onsite parking
Future Career Progression:
• Scope to progress to 2nd line support or various other IT related departments
• Increase to £16,000 per annum once 1 year service is completed
“QA’s apprenticeship programs may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.