*PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS BASED IN MILTON KEYNES*
The British Standard Institute have offices in Chiswick, Milton Keynes, Hemel Hempstead, Loughborough and Lancaster. They support offices across Europe, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Spain, Turkey, and United Arab Emirates.
The majority of their business critical processes are automated and are highly dependent on IT equipment and services so they are interested in hiring a dedicated IT Apprentice to join their Milton Keynes based team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is looking to develop their IT skills and has the potential to lead to an IT Support Analyst role or a role in one of the specific IT Infrastructure disciplines.
This role will require:
- Working within the IT Support team and assist in maintaining the IT environment from desktop to associated infrastructure to enable an efficient and reliable service is delivered to all users.
- Providing a service to users that meets or exceeds the agreed KPIs and in-line with agreed department procedures.
- Providing IT Support (covering Server, LAN, desktop, mobile device, telephony, printing and all associated services) that also meets and exceeds the agreed KPIs and also meets/exceeds users’ expectations.
- Keeping the above mentioned systems maintained and updated so that they continue to deliver and are fit for purpose.
- To liaise effectively with the First Level Help Desk (FLHD) so that all faults are resolved in the most efficient manner and time – including updating and closing calls in Remedy.
- To escalate, own and follow through any escalated calls to the 3rdline support/infrastructure team.
- To assist other areas of the business or other technical teams as deemed appropriate.
- Accountable for achieving 2ndlevel fix rate in accordance with departmental KPIs by developing and maintaining a good overall knowledge of the IT Services and Infrastructure supported by them.
- Obtain a good working knowledge of BSI as a business and what its main reliance on the IT infrastructure is.
- Ensure all calls are effectively managed and owned through resolution and closure.
- Act as a team player to share information and knowledge so as to ensure service is consistent and at the highest level that can be achieved.
- Continuously strive to offer an excellent level of customer service.
- Provide hardware, software and end-user support as required and in-line with documented procedures/SLA targets.
- Ensure adherence to Group IT policies at all times.
- Accountable for raising changes in-line with the documented procedures and timescales.
- Assist in keeping up to date relevant IT Support system databases to ensure group information is up to date and accurate. This includes the Group Active Directory database.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to other IT/IS teams as required.
In this role you must be prepared to work offsite for set periods as appropriate for the role and you must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Holds a full UK driving licence as driving may be required for daily duties
- Demonstrate an understanding of high level customer service skills
- Has team player focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A- Level in IT or Maths based subject
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.