An exciting opportunity to work in an established educational company that has been at the forefront of education since 1957. The role is for an eager apprentice ready to embark on a career in IT with a world-class training provider supplying the apprenticeship training.
Kings has been at the forefront of international educational success since 1957 when the first college was opened in Bournemouth. Today we teach thousands of students across our campus locations worldwide. They come to us each year from over 80 countries.
The IT Apprentice will provide first-line support to all staff, teachers, students and visitors at the school in Beckenham, particularly where a physical presence is required. They will be a member of the IT Support Team and will also provide support to other schools and departments within Kings.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide hardware and software support for PCs, laptops, printers, tablets and mobile devices
- Build and provision desktop or laptop computers as needed, and maintain the asset register
- Maintain and troubleshoot both Windows and Apple devices
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to teachers, administrative staff and students
- Support and uphold compliance with corporate policies covering the acceptable use of IT equipment, E-Safety, GPDR and licensing
- Assist in the set-up, maintenance and support of audio and visual equipment, including interactive whiteboards and screens, televisions, audio systems and projectors
- Support and maintain CCTV, telephony, door entry and printing systems
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of wired and wireless networks
- Maintain anti-virus software on client devices
- Assist in the induction of new students and staff
- Manage student and staff computer accounts
- Set up computer rooms for examinations
- Provide remote support to other schools and departments within Kings
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- An interest in IT, computer networking and infrastructure
- An appetite for learning and self-development
- A commitment to customer support
- Patience and empathy
- A commitment to finishing work
- The ability to use your initiative and be pro-active
Desired qualification requirements:
5 GCSEs total: English and Maths GCSE grade D or above and 3x GCSEs grade A-C in any subject
- Holidays - 4 weeks plus bank holidays each year
- Pension - auto-enrolment in company scheme after 3 months with the company
Working week: 9.00am - 17.30pm
Salary: £12,000 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.