This is an exciting time for the IT dept at Dean Close. Bringing our IT infrastructure up to date, there are numerous projects transitioning our systems to the cloud. Meaning there is plenty of new tech to keep you interested. Beyond that, we are a small team working within a busy helpdesk environment providing support to all our staff and students across multiple sites and schools. An Enthusiasm for problem solving and assisting colleagues & students are essential requirements of the job.
Working independently and as part of a team, using a range of tools and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues, customers, and clients during all tasks.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- IT Security: Demonstrates the necessary skills, understanding and behaviours to securely operate across all platforms and areas of responsibilities in line with organisational guidance, legislation.
- Remote Infrastructure: Effectively operates a range of mobile devices and securely add them to a network in accordance with organisations policies and procedures
- Data: effectively records, analyses, and communicates data at the appropriate level using standard tools and processes and to all stakeholders.
- Problem Solving: applying structured techniques to common and non-routine problems, testing methodologies, and troubleshooting and analyses problems by selecting the digital appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance and to obtain the relevant logistical support as required.
- Computer knowledge and an interest in computing/ networks would be advantageous.
- Able to deliver excellent customer Services in an honest, friendly, and helpful manner.
- Manage and resolve daily computer related issues.
- Accurately follow instructions but also be able to resolve issues using own initiative with the resources available.
- Enthusiastic about IT and technology.
- Reliable and committed to the school and team.
- Hard working & Dedicated to getting the job done.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Adaptable to different challenges.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Working week: Monday to Friday
Salary: £12,400 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.