SLG are a design-driven international beauty business with a global ambition. Our company designs develops & globally scales incredible beauty brands. We are headquartered at Studio 19, our award-winning workspace, studios, and lab. It is a truly remarkable place of work based in the town centre of regency Cheltenham.
You’ll be working as part of the IT Team to be the first point of contact to provide 1st Line IT support and administration, providing excellent customer service to your colleagues.
The apprenticeship training programme will cover all IT infrastructure/hardware and business systems and you will receive training and support to gain the knowledge and skills to complete your Infrastructure Technician Level 3.
We are looking for a motivated individual who can form part of our core IT team on a permanent basis once the apprenticeship is complete.
There will also be an opportunity for the apprentice to grow internally and upskill onto a higher apprenticeship level.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Respond to enquiries from customers to swiftly resolve software/hardware problems.
- Log call accurately within the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on the company’s equipment including computers, printers and other peripherals.
- To undertake the installation of software across all platforms.
- To undertake the installation of new equipment and updating of existing equipment on both software and hardware.
- To update and maintain the IT asset register.
- To undertake basic fault finding to resolve hardware and software related problems.
- Support customers in their use of IT – password resets, remote access, Wi-Fi connectivity, printers, Active directory, Office 365, email systems and business applications.
- Have studied or have a strong practical interest in Computer or IT related subjects
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good working knowledge of PC hardware set-up and configuration is desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and office applications with an emphasis on windows 10 and Microsoft 365.
- Methodical with good attention to detail.
- A flexible approach with the capability to reprioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- Resilient with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Good communication skills in all forms including written, oral and telephone.
- Dedicated to providing a first-class customer service experience.
- Strong team working and relationship building skills.
- Able to carry out manual handling duties, including lifting and carrying.
- A true team player who is fun to work with.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including Maths & English at grade 4 or above.
- 37.5 hours per week – 7.5 hours per day to be worked flexibly from 8am – 5.30pm
- Core hours being 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Pension scheme
- Group Life assurance
- Employee assistance helpline
- Discounted gym membership
If a position is available upon completion of the apprenticeship, for which the apprentice is competent, a permanent offer will be made.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.