KIDS are a national charity, founded over 48 years ago, providing a wide range of support services to disabled children, young people and their families. We support children with any disability from birth to 25 years of age. We also offer our support to the whole family with the aim of giving disabled children a brighter future.
KIDS provides over 120 different services and works with 80 local authorities throughout England. In 2017-2018 we supported over 15,000 disabled children, young people and their families.
We are passionate, We are collaborative, We believe in quality,
We are responsive, We are caring, We are trusted,
We are passionate about making a life-changing, positive difference to the lives of disabled children, young people and their families. Everything we do places the child at the centre of our support, our services then focus on providing care, which wraps around the child within their family.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
The post holder will be responsible for effectively and efficiently handling service requests, carrying out onsite visits, and assisting with project work within their skill set.
- This post will be primarily office based with the possibility of hybrid working after the probationary period.
- This post will be primarily office based, however some travel to regional offices across England will be required.
Key Responsibilities: [will be to:]
- Resolve client technical issues and requests promptly
- Ensure configuration, contact information and equipment are kept up to date
- Prioritise and manage multiple tickets at any one time based on priority
- Communicate with staff on a regular basis during the lifecycle of the ticket/task: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, and confirming when an incident is resolved
- Effective management of time
- Assist in user training and education.
As an apprentice role, the post holder will ensure that they attend agreed courses and diligently undertake study and course work.
Initially, during training it is expected that the post holder will be working towards providing
the above and not necessarily be able to undertaken as soon as appointed in the role.
- IT Team and the Director of Finance and IT
- With all KIDS employees
- External suppliers, e.g. Telephony providers, and equipment suppliers
- At all times adhere to KIDS policies and procedures.
- To participate in regular supervision and support.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities in agreement with the line manager
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of materials from all systems both electronic and paper and you may not remove from the premises any hardware, software, files, photographs or data without written permission unless agreed by your Line Manager/ equivalent as part of the execution of your normal duties.
Sharing the responsibility for ensuring that the organisation stays in touch and synchronised across the country.
What we are looking for:
We expect you:
- To be familiar with and fully comply with all KIDS policies and procedures including child protection, safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality and partnership.
- Perform tasks as required commensurate with your grade and experience.
- To ideally have your own mode of transport as occasional travel may be required.
To be able to carry out this role it is essential that you have the following characteristics:
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to think logically and troubleshoot
- Able to see issues through to completion
- Exude a friendly presence and helpful attitude, being professional, polite and patient at all times.
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to work well with others
- Have excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to handle constantly changing work pressures
- Be able to multitask effectively during busy times
- Exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Have an interest and passion for IT
- Experience of software including Microsoft Office
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
The hours will usually be worked Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
35hrs a week.
The Apprentice will be required to attend appropriate courses as part of their employment, for approximately 20% of their working time.
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) salary details:
This is an Apprentice position and will paid in line with those published at:
£9,036 - £17,846 per annum.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.