This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for?
A leading provider of telecommunications services. This is a growing company with a fantastic ethos.
Here, you will be exposed to all areas of IT and be given responsibility from day 1.
Be part of QA' s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
In this role, you will?
- Work closely with the IT department to minimise operational downtime
- Handle and resolve 1st line IT issue and escalate to IT Contact when necessary
- Develop new PC deployment skills
- Identify, interpret, and evaluate systems and network requirements
- Be proactive
- Support remote users via remote control software and telephone
- Assist in the installation of computer and networking hardware
- Assist in monitoring the network performance, security and IT infrastructure
- Assist in recommending improvements to systems, determines hardware or software requirements
- Also, other duties may be assigned as required
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering:Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology &Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will be?
- A quick learner
- A sound communicator and self-starter
- Enthusiastic about all things IT
- Someone with good listening skills
- Able to get on with others and be a team player
- Someone with 5 standards ( Level 1 - 3)OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English
Other Important Information?
Daily working hours are from 9: 00am-5: 00pm, Monday-Friday
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship?
You will have the opportunity to develop a career in IT and grow with the organisation.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe' s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.