IT Apprentice (Developer), United Utilities - Warrington
- Business & Admin
- Customer Service
- Employability Skills
- Creative & Digital Media
- Facility Services
- Warrington remove
IT Apprentice (Developer)
Job ID: 12669
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Be part of the flow of life
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
If you join us on our apprenticeship scheme you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice isgua ranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*; It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career; and
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region, engaging with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life.
A bit more about the role
As an IT apprentice, you'll learn about the different teams within the IT department as well as understanding the different IT systems used at United Utilities. Therefore, you will have impact on the entire business with the work you provide.
The department is at the forefront of supporting existing systems and implementing new IT solutions. We are constantly on the lookout for new, innovate ways to improve our current systems making sure our people have the right tools and technologies to deliver a great service to customers.
During the two year apprenticeship, you'll also have the chance to make your mark and take on some exciting new projects and challenges.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Software Development Technician Level 3 Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How to work as part of a dedicated team focussed on ensuring our IT systems continue to operate at maximum efficiency;
- You'll have the chance to experience lots of the different systems and activities that take place in our IT department, including:
- Digital Automation - Developing and supporting applications for mobile devices and automation robots to deliver efficiencies across the broader UU Business; and
- Training - you will receive vocational education and in-house training to develop your skills in your chosen field.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who has a keen interest in technology and wants to get hands on experience, alongside the practical qualifications and knowledge to help you succeed and progress into your chosen role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All we ask if that you're willing to learn, enjoy being part of a team and know how to manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C, or grades 9-4 which must include Maths, English Language and a science or technology subject.
What you'll get from us
- Rewarding essentials – there are lots of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £12,500 which will increase each year based on performance;
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices;
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our talented young people in state of the art facilities; and
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices.
*As long as you meet all necessary criteria throughout the programme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 10/03/19Sign-up or log in to apply