If you' re flexible, hardworking and committed to making the most of your talents, there' s no telling what you could achieve with us. Apply now!
You will be working for...
The Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service ( SCTS)is an independent body corporate established by the Judiciary and Courts ( Scotland)Act 2008.Its function is to provide administrative support to Scottish courts and tribunals and to the judiciary of courts, including the High Court of Justiciary, Court of Session, sheriff courts and justice of the peace courts, and to the Office of the Public Guardian and Accountant of Court. We place digital innovation at the centre of our service delivery, making sure that courts and tribunals maximise the opportunities afforded by technology to create better processes, provide easy access and sharing of information, and provide courtrooms with the technology to minimise physical appearance and support quicker outcomes.
Be part of QA' s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
We believe in giving you the best start possible to a career in IT which is why you' ll get some of the best training possible to give you all the technical and personal tools you need to flourish
- Service Desk ( 1st line Support)
- PC Implementation
- Networks and Storage
We know starting a new job can be a little daunting, so we wanted to let you know a little bit about the perks of learning and working with us:Onsite Gym, Industry leading Training, High Street Discounts. 36.5 Days Annual Leave, Increase to GBP 18,250 after passing probation
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering:Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology &Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
- A confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a drive to succeed in IT
- An individual with a proactive attitude to problem solving and shows enthusiasm for learning new skills
- Someone with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A good team player and can also add value working independently
- Someone with a first class interpersonal skills
The candidate must have at least 5 standards ( Level 1 - 3)OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
Other important information:
The following checks will be undertaken if you are successful and this is due to the nature of the work.
- Identity - We need to be sure you are who you say you are, so we' ll ask you to provide proof of identity.
- Nationality and Immigration Status ( including an entitlement to undertake the work in question)- We need see proof of your eligibility to work and remain in the UK and the Civil Service.
- References ( Past 3 Years)- We will need you to provide 2 references e.g. Educational to confirm your suitability for appointment ( these can' t be friends or family members) .
- Criminal Records Check- We will need to get a `standard'Disclosure Scotland Check completed. The Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, so all convictions whether they are spent or not will be considered.
- Occupational Health Checks - You will be asked to complete an online health questionnaire to whether fit for employment.
- Refusal to provide any of the information stated above will be taken into account when making the employment decision and employment may be refused.
After all these checks have been completed ( which can take about 4 weeks)you' ll be ready and raring to go.
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship?
After successful completion of apprenticeship there is a possibility of an exciting career within the IT sector in the Public Sector.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe' s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.