The company offer IT Support Services and specialise in installing new hardware or software to ensure their customers are getting the best out of what you already have in place. They pride themselves on providing a first class personal service for their customers by listening to what they need and creating bespoke solutions that help them get the most from their business IT infrastructure, hardware and software.
A growing company with a professional ethos and a can do attitude would suit any young person with drive, ambition and a willingness to learn. They have a number of former IT apprentices in the business who are now full time members of staff.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill an IT Engineer apprenticeship position.
The role on offer is so much more than developing your skills and gaining work experience. You will be given all the support you need, we invest heavily in our people and a number of our former apprentices have gone on to secure a full time role with ongoing training and development in the business on successful completion of their IT Apprenticeship.
• Working as part of the support team, you will be expected to provide first line technical support to the company’s existing client base. This will involve the diagnostics and troubleshooting of issues through to fault resolution.
• You will be predominantly working with MS windows based client – server networks of up to 50 users.
• You will also be responsible for the configuration and pre –installation setup of various hardware
• You will be expected to attend site (with a senior technician) to carry out pre-installation surveys, upgrades and new system installations.
• You will have a passion about all things tech and IT
• You will have great analytical skills
• You will enjoy problem solving and will have logical approach to tasks
• You will be a great communicator, both written and verbal
• You will enjoy working in a team and will be supportive of others
• You will love learning new skills and will be passionate about achieving great results
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
8:30am-5:00pm, (30 minutes for lunch),
40 Hours per week
For the correct candidate, this role offers huge potential for professional growth, potential salary increases would be connected with this growth.
The company’s previous apprentices now occupy more senior positions in the organisation.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be an opportunity for the right person to prove that they want to grow within a fast moving and exciting environment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.