IT Apprentice - Larbert (FK5) - 8519
Do you want a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career?Start here, apply now!
You will be working for...
A leading company in business process outsourcing.
This is a fast-paced, thriving company who want to give an apprentice the opportunity to work with and learn about many IT systems.
Be part of QA' s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
In this role, you will be?
- Handling and recording all service requests via telephone, e-mail and web interface
- Assisting on many duties and projects
- Doing initial assessment of service request and attempt at resolution and/or escalations to secondline or third party support, based on agreed service levels
- Monitoring and escalating, as required, all service requests according to agreed service level
- Keeping users informed on the status of service requests, retaining ownership of the requests until they are closed
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering:Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology &Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
- Someone with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Someone who is confident and willing to take part in learning new tasks
- Someone who is eager to learn about writing code and have a real passion for IT
- Someone who enjoys problem solving
- Someone with a pro-active attitude and is keen to work as part of a team
- Someone with a good understanding of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Other Important Information?
The working days and hours are from Monday - Friday, 9: 00am - 5: 00pm
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT Systems and Networking apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT with great prospects today.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe' s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Sign-up or log in to apply