IT Apprentice - Weedon Bec (NN7) - 6954
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Northampton remove
This is a young dynamic company with a work hard/play hard mentality. They have a learning environment with excellent career opportunities. Our client believes that every customer matters, and with this attitude they have grown through reputation.
Company perks: Every Friday lunch is bought by the company, its ranges from kebabs to Chinese or the occasional BBQ.
They have a relaxed but smart dress code.
Every employee is given HybrIT branded polo shirts and a fleece.
During the opening rounds of the world cup, the company had screens around the office for employees to watch the matches!
Our client have a vacancy that is strongly service oriented, with much of the workload arising from customer calls, web-based contacts and emails, which are recorded and managed by a central service desk system.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with the customer to understand each issue sufficiently so that they can recreate it, diagnose it or escalate it to colleagues with specialist skills. They will be required to monitor and follow up their issues, taking internal ownership for seeing that they progress to a conclusion, acting as the customers’ advocate internally or with 3rd parties.
From time-to-time, the post holder will be given tasks linked to other projects within the business, often linked to maintenance, new installations, migrations or service improvements. Where additional training is required to successfully complete these tasks, it will be provided via technical mentoring.
Training will be provided in various technologies in an on-the-job setting, as well as in a structured setting based upon an accredited apprentice-training programme, and you would be expected to invest appropriate effort to capitalise on that training, both in the workplace and in your own personal study time.
Main role / duties:
- Respond to enquiries and support requests - over the phone from the service desk systems
- Miscellaneous admin & system maintenance duties
- Ownership of backroom - tidiness, Asset System implementation, stock check complete
- Ownership of on-site client inventory, work with team to keep inventory up to date
- Partake in stock takes
- System builds working with the team
- Become familiar with all customer run books, read through and absorb
- Weekly training log in order and submitted to HR on a weekly basis
- Fundamental training: Windows 10, Basic Networking, Skype for Business Basics (session in house), AEM, Windows Patching
- Network monitoring, owning monitoring alerts. communicating, filtering and clearing/tuning
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
- Keen interest in IT
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution and friendly manner
- Clear thinkers
- Good organisational skills
- Team orientated approach
- Energised commitment & drive
- Methodical & detail oriented
- Verbal communications
- Presentation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Time management
- Written communications, reports, memo's, plans
Desired qualification requirements:
Successful candidates will hold:
3x GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A-C in any subject,GCSE Maths (or equivalent) - C or above,GCSE English Language (or equivalent) - C or above,GCSE Science or Computer-related subject (or equivalent) - C or above
Working week: 5 days per week, 9am - 5:30pm,37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer] Salary: £150- £200 per week, depending on your experience.
Benefits / Future prospects:
25 days holiday 5 days paid sick leave
Important Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.Sign-up or log in to apply