IT Apprenticeship - Burton-upon-Trent
IT Support Apprentice (L3 Infrastructure Technician Programme)
Are you looking to start your IT career within a supportive company? If you're interested in computers and want to learn on the job, we want to hear from you!
Baltic Apprenticeships work with friendly and exciting businesses in Burton-upon-Trent to recruit and train the next generation of IT Support professionals. We're looking for new apprentices to place directly with businesses on our Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship programme.
You will be working full-time within one of our specially selected companies, as an Apprentice IT Technician, Support Engineer, IT Helpdesk Support Advisor, Helpdesk Analyst or Systems Administrator. Part of your time at work will include regular training sessions through our online SMART Classroom.
To find out about how an IT Support Apprenticeship could work for you, read Charlotte's story here - https://www.balticapprenticeships.com/case-studies/charlotte-smith-rspb
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Full-time hours: the majority of our candidates work 37.5 hours (Monday - Friday)
- Competitive salary: most Baltic apprentices earn above the National Apprentice Minimum Wage
- Holiday entitlement: all of our employers offer an attractive holiday entitlement, typically ranging from 20-25 days per year
- Working within a friendly, supportive environment with the opportunity to earn and learn
- Time specifically allocated to your training, including industry-recognised qualifications and personal development.
- Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our Level 4 IT Apprenticeship upon completion of your Level 3!
Location & Travel
You will be based in Burton-upon-Trent with easy access to public transport links with various bus stops close by.
Full training & support will be provided, including:
- Level 3 IT Infrastructure Technician qualification, completed over 12-15 months
- Learn about cabling and connectivity; wireless systems and IT test equipment; maintaining a secure network; device configuration; file sharing, data access and; management; server installation; web page development; and application life cycle management.
- Training delivered over 5 units, including Network & Architecture, Mobility and Device Fundamentals (MTA - Microsoft Training Associate certification), Windows Server MTA ( MTA - Microsoft Training Associate certification), Coding & Logic and Business Processes.
- Regular support and review session with your Baltic Learning Mentor
- Designated workplace mentor
- Fully funded qualifications, with a wage on top.
Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent communication with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Provide pleasant customer service
- Ability to share ideas and trust your instinct
- A minimum of a Grade 4 in Maths or equivalent is required for this role.
If this sounds like the programme for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage of your application. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start, check out the expand your knowledge section on this page:
You must have a valid UK residency status to apply for this role.