The British Standard Institute have office locations in Chiswick, Milton Keynes, Hemel Hempstead, Loughborough and Lancaster. They support offices across Europe, the Middle East and South Africa with a Chiswick user population of about 500 staff and another 500 mobile workers. The majority of their business critical processes are automated and are highly dependent on IT equipment and services.
This role will involve working within the IT Support Team and assisting in maintaining the IT environment from Audio/Video (AV), desktop to associated infrastructure to enable an efficient and reliable service is delivered to all users.
You will be required to provide IT Support (covering Server, LAN, desktop, audio/video(AV) mobile device, telephony, printing and all associated services that also meets and exceeds the agreed KPIs meets/exceeds users’ expectations.
[Please note that this role may require international travel]
- To liaise effectively with the First Level Help Desk (FLHD) so that all faults are resolved in the most efficient manner and time – including updating and closing calls in Remedy.
- To escalate, own and follow through any escalated calls to the 3rdline support/infrastructure team.
- To assist other areas of the business or other technical teams as deemed appropriate.
- Accountable for achieving 2ndlevel fix rate in accordance with departmental KPIs by developing and maintaining a good overall knowledge of the IT Services and Infrastructure supported by them.
- Obtain a good working knowledge of BSI as a business and what its main reliance on the IT infrastructure is.
- Ensure all calls are effectively managed and owned through resolution and closure.
- Act as a team player to share information and knowledge to ensure service is consistent and at the highest level that can be achieved.
- Continuously strive to offer an excellent level of customer service.
- Provide hardware, software and end-user support as required and in-line with documented procedures/SLA targets.
- Ensure adherence to Group IT policies at all times.
- Accountable for raising changes in-line with the documented procedures and timescales.
- Assist in keeping up to date relevant IT Support system databases to ensure group information is up to date and accurate. This includes the Group Active Directory (AD) database.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to other IT/IS teams as required.
- Work flexibly to ensure coverage of core business hours 08:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday. Out of hours, weekend and other site coverage to be covered as necessary and as agreed within BSI IT contractual obligations.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous demonstrable experience of working in a demanding customer facing environment
- Holds current driving licence (desirable) and able to travel at short notice to other BSI locations or as the Manager deems pertinent
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Genuine interest and/or experience in the IT field
- Proactive learner
- Team player
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent standard in Maths and English at grade C or above.
8am – 6pm,
Monday to Friday.
This role has the potential to lead to an IT Support Analyst role or to a more specific role in one of the specific IT Infrastructure disciplines.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.