A family run company supplying and delivering IT equipment to students via the DSA. They also offer training in assistive technology, standard and specialist software and hardware for disabled computer users in education.
The company also run a website for use by assessors and disability support staff at Access Centres, Universities & Colleges in order to determine & cost equipment required by students who receive support under the Disabled Student Allowance.
The growing company have heavily invested in IT Apprentices over the last 5 years. You will be supported through your apprenticeship by both experienced staff and former apprentices who will be able to guide, encourage and motivate you to succeed in all aspects of your apprenticeship.
You will begin your apprenticeship working in the build area. This will require preparing new computers for delivery. This will mainly consist of loading software and hardware onto computers and associated paperwork. (Training in specialist software will be given.) After demonstrating ability in that area you will progress into other areas IT across the business.
During the apprenticeship you will be given the opportunity to gain industry recognised qualifications thereby enhancing your value to the company and your general employability.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Answering telephone calls
- Taking details of client's problems/requirement
- Asking relevant questions to get additional detail
- Offering technical assistance if and when appropriate
- Assisting administrative staff with their duties.
- Passion for IT and some experience working with IT
- Customer services skills and exprerience dealing with customers
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
• Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels
• Willingness to work flexibly beyond normal working hours and undertake overtime when required to support the business
Working week: 40 hours a week
Salary: £12,480 Per Annum.
3 GCSEs (or equivalent) in any subject at grade C or above and 2 GCSEs for English and Maths at grade D or above
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.