My Client are an Agile organisation, established in 2017 as an umbrella company for AI and Telephony contractors. Since July 2019, this direction has changed, growing the company to a permanent team of 5 and becoming a "Dev Squad". The point being that they can parachute an entire development team into a client's business and do the fast, transformational product creation, tailored to the client's needs, that impacts positively on staff and customer interactions. The full team has a background in high-profile public and private sector AI and Telephony projects, and are looking for a Business Analyst to work with them in a small team where they can grow and make the role their own.
My client believe they have an incredible opportunity to make a big impact in the way that customer service and customer interactions are handled by companies - in the main this is to provide efficiencies and savings to the clients; however, the wider implications of the work to keep the “customer” the actual customer at the centre of everything they do. They continually evaluate the impact of their work both socially and environmentally, but the most important thing they do is to put their team at the centre of their thinking by fostering a culture of nurture and development, respect and ultimately support.
They develop clients who fit with their mentality as they can give them the best results.
The core role of the Business Analyst is to capture the business requirements for a given product within a client and identifying appropriate acceptance criteria.
Core values as a team are:
- Mutual respect in all interactions both internally and externally
- The right to disagree with impunity
- Take ownership of our own expectations and that of the company
- Look to develop long term, trusted advisory status with all clients, always acting transparently and in their best interest even when it is not in our
- To work to enable a more cohesive approach to customer interactions and encourage positive change in our communities and society
- To actively contribute to worthwhile causes where possible and remove the barriers to societal progress regardless of the business benefits
- To ensure our carbon footprint results in positive impact
Main roles: [as an IT Business Analyst you will:]
- Work from home until it is deemed safe to work in an office again. When it is deemed safe the office will be in Manchester.
- Be involved with all of the projects that will be worked on are based around Artificial Intelligence and telephony, and the automation of solutions to positively impact client's day to day workload, and customer-facing elements of their business.
- Be using Agile methodologies.
- Be responsible for the capture and definition of User Stories.
Main responsibilities include:
The Business Analyst will be responsible for the gathering of documentation, defining business requirements, and tracking development against this.
The responsibilities of the Business Analyst can be split down into the below sections:
- Engagement meetings accompanied by the sales manager
- Stakeholder management
- To be a continuous point of contact in the customer-facing element of the role
- Feedback to stakeholders
- Present solutions
- Inform stakeholders of changes that could impact the project
- Requirements capture, definition and refinement
- Finding where Vertically Ltd can add value to a customer's organisation
- Managing the attribution of story points to user stories.
- Analysis and impact assessment
- Business process engineering
- Continually engage with the internal developers
- Support the Quality Assurance Manager in testing solutions and defining the acceptance criteria
- Owning of the business' Business Analysis document sets
- Reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and the Head of Project Management Office.
- Works closely with the developers as the bridge between the business and the technology.
- Key client stakeholders as the customer-facing element of the business with the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- One-year commercial experience in any setting.
- Be well organised
- Have excellent people and communication skills
- Eager to progress
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- A degree in Business or in a Business related programme e.g. Finance, Economics, Maths etc.
- 40 hours per week / Monday - Friday between the core hours: 8:00am - 6:00pm.
- On occasion, out of office hours working will be required.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.