Magnox Ltd is a subsidiary of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) responsible for the safe and secure clean-up of 12 nuclear sites and operation of one hydro-electric plant across the UK.
We are responsible for ensuring that our activities are carried out:
- safely, securely and predictably, with due regard for the environment
- in the long-term interests of our organisation, our employees, the local communities and our supply chain partners
It is an exciting time to join the Magnox IT Team. We are about to embark on an IT transformation programme which involves working with our internal customers in delivering a digitalised work place.
This is a 36-month programme where you’ll spend 80% of your time gaining real hands-on experience in the role and 20% dedicated to your Apprenticeship studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your degree qualification – a Level 6 Apprenticeship as well as a BSc (hons) Digital & Technology Solutions.
Upon successful completion of your qualification(s) you’ll be a fully-fledged Business Analyst with a degree and a wealth of first-hand experience.
This role will be based at Magnox Ltd – Oldbury Technical Centre.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Research technology enabled software solutions which will increase work efficiency and productivity across the business
- Interpret data relating to company policies and workflows
- Support project teams during the analysis and planning stages of software development
- Work on a range of project phases e.g. implementation and testing
- Facilitate successful release handovers
- Evaluate risks and predict potential problems
- Develop quality assurance practices and assessments
- Establish deliverables
- Write reports, instructions, and specifications and create flowcharts
- Determine risk and return on investment for shareholders
- Act as a liaison between the business and its Information Technology (IT) department
- Use spreadsheets to record data on a project
- Evaluate Key Performance Indicators
- Modify the business plan
- Engage with users and incorporate their suggestions into projects
- Become a confident, competent and capable independent Technology Solutions Professional, able to operate in a range of related roles.
- Excellent written communications and the ability to articulate complex issues to non-technical people
- Familiarity with data analysis / presentation
- Ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills to the development of technology solutions
- Ability to apply structured and creative problem-solving techniques to complex scenarios
- Inquisitive nature with a natural tendency towards interrogating data, challenging its source and interpreting its meaning / impact
- Able to translate technical information into business language
- Strong communicator with the capability to influence people and facilitate progress
- Proactive and capable of working at pace
- Three A-Levels at grades A to C including: Maths or an IT subject OR
- An alternative Level 3 IT related qualification (e.g. BTEC)
- PLUS Level 2 (GCSE) Maths and English at grades A*-C
Working week: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
1st Year – £12,500 increasing to £14,000 after 6 months depending upon satisfactory progress.
2nd Year – £16,836
3rd Year – £17,765
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays (281 hours)
- 4 day working week (applicable at most sites)
- Pension scheme – Combined Nuclear Pension Plan
- Employee discount scheme
- Paid time off for sickness absence
- Travel to Work Support Loan: The successful candidate will be eligible to apply to Magnox Ltd for a season ticket loan of £2000 to support with their travel to work in year one.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.