IT Cyber Security Degree Apprentice
Reliance Worldwide Corporation (RWC) is a global provider of water control systems and plumbing solutions for domestic, commercial and industrial applications. Founded in 1949, the RWC family of brands has continually evolved to exceed global industry standards with diversified manufacturing and distribution operations across three continents. RWC has dedicated more than 60 years to its business, brands and products, and maintains a commitment to innovation by investing in high-value automation to remain competitive in the global environment.
Overview / Summary of the role:
The IT Cyber-Security Apprentice will assist the Infrastructure & Operations team with day-to-day tactical security matters, including log reviews, patching, updates, end-user communication and follow-ups. Further, they will be integral to reviewing security breaches, understanding our response and inherent risk, and recommendations for future remediation. However, we expect them to grow into some of these aspects as they develop as an apprentice.
As a key part of the IT Team, the Cyber-Security Apprentice will have responsibility for:
- Day to day ticket management of security-related incidents
- Assisting in patch management and vulnerability management
- Assisting in cyber-security audits
- Assisting in the implementation of firewall changes
- Reviewing technical and non-technical documents
- Carrying out general threat intelligence research
- Ensuring the safety of internal desktops, worktops, networks etc.
- Assistance with active directory administration
- Assist the Applications team, and Service Delivery team, with security risk assessment and compliance
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- An enthusiastic individual with a real interest and enthusiasm of cybersecurity
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivation and desire to gain a qualification in Cyber Security
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Confident to ask questions/seek clarification
- Demonstrate the importance of being a pro-active and engaged member of the team
- An A-Level in ICT, OR
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, OR
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject. OR
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits).
- As well as English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
Monday - Friday / Flexible hours between 08:00 - 17:00 / 37.5 hours.
Potential full time position if you successfully complete the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.