GMI was formed in 1986 and has grown to become a well-established, successful building and construction services company with a proven track record for delivering award winning projects for an international portfolio of developers, public sector clients and blue chip companies.
The business is privately owned with director owners taking a hands-on role within the company. Current turnover stands at approximately £120m per annum which is predominantly made up of over 80% of workload being negotiated directly or for repeat clients.
As an apprentice, you’ll be providing support to both the IT & Digital transformation teams. As well as providing effective & high quality IT Support to colleagues across the wider business.
- Prioritise assigned tasks dependent on agreed service levels.
- Assist in the standardisation of company documents / information for effective storing on Microsoft SharePoint
- Digitise existing information for use on new Business Systems as they are
- Provide IT Helpdesk first line support both face to face, email and over the
- Log IT assets (hardware & software) in the IT Helpdesk and support in IT audits of hardware in use across the business
- Provide assistance on IT hardware setups on Construction sites & attend offices across the business to provide effective support.
- Perform other support tasks as shown or requested by senior technical staff.
- To resolve faults and answer queries as requested by senior technical staff within the time frames requested.
- Provide support to and assist IT technical team personnel, as necessary.
- Escalate more complex calls to the relevant internal or external support
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to service management principles.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Good understanding & passion for all things IT
- Hunger & drive to grow within the business and become an integral member of the IT team.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- 25 days holiday
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Support with Apprenticeship from previous IT Apprentice
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.