Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
You will have the opportunity to build a deep knowledge of business imperatives and operational issues, as well as the opportunity to fully participate in the business whilst undertaking a Level 6 Digital and Technical Solutions Degree.
As a Digital Systems Apprentice, you’ll join a site-based team that works closely with all areas to deliver Digital Transformation for the business and support for existing applications.
Our aim is to make the business more efficient, productive and seamless by delivering digital solutions. You will support the continued operation and further development/rollout of tools and software used by the business, particularly related to manufacturing which is often critical to meet customer orders and achieve the company’s sales targets.
Upon joining our team your typical responsibilities might include:
- Digital Strategy – working with leaders and specialists from around the business as we develop and execute our Digital Strategy.
- Digital Transformation – you will take an active role in the implementation of various projects in support of the Digital Strategy as we transform our business into a smart factory.
- Automation of transactions
- Automation of data collection
- Robotic interfaces
- Automation of reporting
- Intelligent business models
Other duties include:
- System Migration – contribute to the ongoing migration to new systems.
- Development – develop systems and databases tools and software (VBA, VB.NET, SQL), working with other departments to ensure requirements are clearly defined.
- System Support – providing systems support for some of our key applications (SAP, Solumina, CIMCO, Teamcenter), resolving technical issues, identifying root causes, along with appropriate corrective and preventative measures.
Desirable Skills and Personal Qualities:
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Eager to learn and understand how other business areas interact to achieve wider goals.
- A drive for continuous improvement.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise own work, delivering high quality work to deadline.
- Ability to build strong relationships and be a team player.
- Creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation and self-confidence.
- A logical, programming mind-set.
- The ability to analyse data quickly and communicate conclusions and clearly.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience of using databases, including writing SQL queries.
- Experience of programming, ideally in Visual Basic.
- A knowledge of IT systems including Active Directory, network and server infrastructure and services.
- 120 UCAS points through either a BTEC extended Diploma (DDM) in a technology based subject OR 3 A-Levels, one with a technology based subject (Grade C and above) and be someone who has a genuine interest in Information Technology.
- As part of the legal requirement to comply with international trade controls, we require all candidates to successfully complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check including criminal record checks.
- In addition, we will check the identity of all employees against various government denied party lists prior to making a formal offer of employment.
To be discussed at interview.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.