IT Engineer Apprentice
You may know us for our processors. But we do so much more. The explosion of devices and data in our new era has led to several technology inflections—AI, 5G network transformation, and the rise of the intelligent edge—that, together, will shape the future of technology. Silicon and software are at the core of these inflections, and Intel is at the center of it all.
We are a technology leader focused on unleashing the potential of data to unlock value for people, business and society on a global scale. We create world-changing technology that enriches the lives of every person on earth.
Our mission: Utilize the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on earth. Our vision: If it's smart and connected, it's best with Intel.
Our values: Customer orientation, Results training, Risk taking, Great place to work, Quality, Discipline
We are currently looking for conscientious, energetic individuals with a passion for technology and who are excited to begin a career in IT.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to start your career with one of the world leading tech companies in Intel.
The EMEA Application Design-In Centre (ADC) provides best-in-class technical support to our customers from design to manufacturing and right through the product life-cycle. The group covers a range of activities in supporting major European customers, helping them design new products using the latest Intel technology and components.
The role includes hands on hardware and software support in an Engineering Lab environment covering a wide range of IT systems and services from low level hardware to full production systems.
• Working on prototype next generation computer platforms
• Providing support to the local ADC engineering team in issue replication and debug
• Working as part of a multi-national team within a global organisations
• Gaining an understanding of advanced computer architectures
• Supporting our enterprise network infrastructure and local Engineering Lab networks
• Genuine passion for technology and a curiosity to understand how it works, with a hands-on approach
• Keen interest in computing and electronics
• Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative
• Fluent in both verbal and written English
• Team worker with great interpersonal skills
• Good organizer with the ability to prioritize
• Individual drive to succeed
• Ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels
• A natural curiosity to understand how things work and have an interest in technology
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
A-level in IT or Computing or a BTEC Level 3 extended diploma in IT.
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- Pension plan
• Healthcare scheme
• Stock participation program
• Discount program
• Company bonuses: Quarterly profit bonus and annual performance bonus
• Subsidised gym membership
• Free beverages and fruit on-site
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.