IT Engineer Apprentice - Liverpool (L13) - 9245
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Liverpool remove
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an amazing company to develop your future career. Apply now!
You will be working for...
The leader in biometric solutions across industries focusing on construction, civil and transport.
Be part of QA' s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
In this role, you will be?
- Involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Working closely with scrum teams and other groups to develop, maintain and execute manual and automated test suites
- Building and maintaining test environments
- Investigating and replicating issues
- Logging/Tracking Software Bugs
- Doing documents and maintains automation testing procedures and tools
- Doing Software documentation ( user guides, training manuals etc)
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering:Object-oriented programming ( OOP) , SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain City &Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems &Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as a Microsoft Technology Associate ( MTA)in software development fundamentals. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning GBP 40k in the IT sector.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent I.T. skills
- Knowledge/experience in software development or QA
- Experience of software exploratory testing
- Commercial experience working in high performing software team
- Automated test experience
- Experience using bug tracking tools and test environments
- 7 GCSE Grades ( C and above)or equivalent, including Maths and English
- Daily working hours are 9: 00am - 5: 30pm, Monday - Friday
- This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, gain excellent career prospects and a have a lively, fun environment to work in
- You will receive 24 days holiday entitlement, up to 5% discretionary bonus, generous pension scheme, and a whole host of lifestyle benefits
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship.Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe' s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Sign-up or log in to apply