We love what we do and embrace constant change, even if that means breaking our own mould (especially when it means we get to tinker with new toys!)
We’re a diverse bunch with many different backgrounds, interests and perspectives. We believe this is what makes us strong as a team and ultimately successful.
Our HQ is in one of Manchester’s newest buildings, No.1 Spinningfields.
At Nomical, we help businesses deal with growth by providing tech solutions that work and scale.
You will assist our experienced Field Engineers with configuration and installation of hardware on customer sites. You will also assist the remote support team with troubleshooting faults with customer equipment.
Please be aware the role will entail assisting our experienced Field Engineers in performing some manual tasks.
It’s a vibrant office with plenty of break out areas so you can find your ideal work environment, whether that’s at a desk or on a sofa. We even have a barista on site for all your re-fuelling needs.
If you consider yourself a doer, an eager learner and if you are kind and thoughtful in everything you do, then we could be a great fit and we want to hear from you.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
Your role will include assisting our experienced Field Engineers with the following below:
• Undertaking installation projects to agreed specification, quality standards, and timescales
• Unloading and loading of equipment as required
• Running and terminating cables
• Setting up of laptops, PCs and kiosks
• Working closely with the Provisioning team, ensuring your time is managed efficiently and jobs are prioritised correctly
• Correctly complete work order reports or checklists as appropriate
• Co-ordination with customers and /or site managers to ensure successful installations
• Diligent and timely completion of all necessary documentation in support of repairs and installations
• Management of stock items to ensure all necessary equipment for specific projects or
• call outs is available
• Performance of appropriate stock checks and completion of documentation in a timely and accurate manner
• Travel to customer sites is expected and may include overnight stays
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Good technical skills and knowledge
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Experience of installing IT hardware/software products is not essential, but advantageous (training will be provided)
• Experience of running data cables
• The ideal candidate will be a bright and enthusiastic individual who is dedicated to achieving great results
• A self-starter with a keen eye for detail and the ability to work on your own initiative
• Ability to prioritise work load efficiently
• Proactive and forward-thinking approach. Ability to think laterally and possess a strong problem- solving capability
• Ability to question existing processes and provide input to improve where necessary
• Ability to take initiative and ownership.
• Full clean UK driver’s license is essential due to certain aspects of the role.
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday – Friday,
40hrs per week.
£200 per week.
Benefits of the role:
• Inclusion in bonus scheme
• 33 days annual leave (Inc. bank holidays)
• 5% employer contribution to pension scheme
• Free Gym Membership
• Company iPhone and laptop
• Commitment to training and development
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.