A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Business Administration apprentice to join one of our clients based in Hampden. Full training and support will be provided once you join our Company. An award winning, Ofsted outstanding apprenticeship from QA - 94% go onto full-time jobs. The Scottish Football Association are looking for an someone to join the organisation as an IT Apprentice. They are looking for a confident, organised and conscientious individual who is keen to start their career in IT.
The role will be for the apprentice to provide a customer facing first line IT support service which delivers application, device, network and end user support across all Scottish FA sites and partner organisations including end users of the Scottish FA Football Admin System.This is a great opportunity for someone to start their career in IT with organisation who are heavily invested in training and development. They will give you all the skills and knowledge to be successful in IT.
- Ensure that a high quality professional service is provided at all time
- Provide first point of contact for the IT service desk for all support requests made by email, telephone or walk in staff
- Record, clarify, prioritise and progress all service desk and support enquiries, including external calls from Football Admin System end users
- Keep users informed of the progress of their requests
- Ensure that all requests are recorded, updated and escalated as appropriate, liaising with other IT staff to ensure tickets are correctly assigned
- Ensure responses are in line with agreed service standards and timescales
- Provide remote assistance to Scottish FA regional office staff
- Assist with installation, configuration and testing of personal computer operating systems, software programs and related peripheral devices
- Assist with installation, configuration and testing of mobile devices, related software applications and related peripheral devices
- Assist with installation and replacement of monitors, personal computers, mobile devices and peripheral devices
- Assist with training users in general use of personal computer, telephone and mobile device hardware and software
- Assist with training users in appropriate IT Security best practice
- Develop and maintain end user guides for Football Admin System
- Provide support for staff and organisations hosting stadium events at Hampden Park
- Perform any other reasonable duties consistent with the role as required
- Excellent time management skills to allow effective organisation, planning and implementation of new developments
- Ability to prioritise work effectively enabling tight/changing deadlines to be met
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Working at the Scottish FA you will receive a generous holiday entitlement, Life Assurance, a chance to join our Stakeholder Pension Scheme, plus childcare vouchers and a private healthcare scheme.
Future Career Progression:
Opportunity to develop yourself with the IT department, taking on more responsibility
On completion of apprenticeship there is the possibility of increase in salary
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.