Wandsworth London Borough Council is the local authority for the London Borough of Wandsworth in Greater London, England.
The London Borough of Richmond and Wandsworth are currently looking for IT Service Apprentice to join their team in London.
Your role will be to work as part of a team to provide a central point of contact for staff and other stakeholders needing contact with IT. And as a team, you will provide a professional and competent IT support service, owning and resolving calls as appropriate, and managing calls where they need to be passed to colleagues in other areas of Corporate IT or the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Along with the rest of the team, make sure that the service is covered during agreed service hours.
- Assist in the enhancement of customer relationships within the support services function and in building and maintaining a customer facing and communicative ethos within the team.
- Receive, analyse and record any incidents or requests in line with established systems and procedures, ensuring that all customers are dealt with in a speedy, effective, efficient and courteous manner keeping them informed of progress.
- Liaise with customers or other third parties to ensure an accurate record of a fault or request is obtained, and that this information is recorded within the relevant incident record on its service management software.
- Troubleshoot incidents, escalating any that cannot be resolved within laid down timescales.
- Log and allocate IT related requests that should be passed onto other sections, and deal with those that need to be progressed at the Service Desk or Deskside Support.
- Take ownership of all calls logged by you, or allocated to you, and ensure these are followed up and escalated in line with procedures and SLAs.
- Be familiar with systems, processes and reports used within your section, and where necessary provide training and assistance on these.
- Make sure all information relating to calls is complete and accurate, that notes relating to individual incidents or requests are kept up to date so that colleagues and the customer are kept fully informed.
- Build and/or configure hardware equipment as appropriate and in accordance with agreed corporate standards.
- Install and configure software to meet customer requirements whilst adhering to corporate policy and security standards.
- Customer focused, articulate, excellent telephone manner and confidence in dealing with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- A pro-active approach to client support and an aptitude to work cooperatively with colleagues in different teams and across different sites
- Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Articulate & methodical approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivation with commitment, drive and enthusiasm
- A general understanding of Safeguarding and its relevance to IT
- A “can do” outlook with the ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
You will gain a full time IT role on completion of the Apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.