Microtechs is one of the UK’s leading providers of outsourced IT and in home technology services. Organically evolving across a multitude of technology platforms, we are able to provide a variety of outsourcing solutions for individuals and businesses, whether it’s for 24/7 Helpdesk Services, Nationwide Engineer Coverage, Bespoke Software Support, Specialist Wi-Fi Support, Telecoms and Broadband Support or Direct IT Support.
The apprentice will act as a single point of contact for IT related issues and requests, mainly over the phone/email.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high degree of customer service, assessing priority calls accurately and quickly to ensure major issues are identified quickly.
- Working flexibly with other 1st line engineer colleagues to ensure the help desk is manned at all times during the working day.
- Effectively log all incidents and requests, categorizing and prioritizing calls correctly and allocating calls outside the remit of 1st line to the appropriate 2nd line queue, making sure full, appropriate and accurate details are available to 2nd line for them to quickly resolve the issue for the customer.
- Diagnose and resolve basic issues with laptops, desktops, mobile phones, radios and printers.
- Identify and troubleshoot basic network issues.
- Provide support for standard applications used within the service such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype and business applications.
- Process user requests for access to applications making sure appropriate approvals have been sought.
- Process building access requests following procedures.
Managing the lifecycle of incidents and requests, closing calls when the customer is satisfied.
- On behalf of IT, take ownership of calls, chasing up progress and provide regular updates to customers.
- Assisting with the production of user guides and support materials.
- Undertake administrative tasks such as raise software and hardware requisitions, update asset lists, run reports, maintain intranet pages, maintain asset management etc.
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- Committed to excellent client service
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player
- Effective organisation and administration skills
- Ability to be able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good English and grammar
- Self-motivated with the ability to use their initiative
- Problem solving
- Keen and enthusiastic
- Excellent time keeping
- Great communication skills – confident in answering the phone and dealing with customer enquiries.
- The candidate should be familiar with MS Word.
- Interest to learn new skills.
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Calm and professional disposition
- Customer Service skills.
- Ability to provide a telephone based IT Helpdesk service, including communication with non-technical customers.
- Problem solving skills including, problem identification, diagnosis, appropriate escalation and resolution.
- Communication skills with users, to elicit the problem, explain what is being done keep them updated.
5 GCSE’s, grade A-C or equivalent including Maths and English.
- Full training on the job
- Further training opportunities available after the apprenticeship finishes
- Casual working environment
- Dress down every day
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.